[FIXED][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper, I STOPPED IT! I hope I didn’t mess my stuff up further, ugh! Two different EA tech support representatives fooled my behind into thinking this is what I should do to fix the issue. 🤦🏽‍♀️😡 

(Thanks for the heads up! 👍🏽😆)

Message 71 of 482 (1,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @pplcallmejae,

Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you're trying out.

*edit: Initializing is a feature on the console (it used to be outlined on PlayStations help site but I can't seem to locate it at the moment to fully verify it as a troubleshooting step, sorry).

However, it's risky due to the nature of it and I've only ever seen suggested for exceptional circumstances. The reason being it involves all of your saved data and one wrong move could result in losing that saved data.

If at all possible, I'd recommend linking in with a PlayStation support representative to see if they recommend it first and if yes, ask them to guide you through it while you have them. I know the steps seem simple, but it's worth taking the extra precautions if they suggest proceeding with the initialization. 

You can connect with a PlayStation Representative here: https://www.playstation.com/support/contact-us/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 72 of 482 (1,406 Views)

Audio failure & then the Crash CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game longer than 5 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? CE-34878-0 The game sound crackles, cuts in & out, changes to inappropriate sounds entirely & then the game crashes. The sound issues are not consistent. I had the noise from a popcorn maker start once, then the game crashed 2 minutes or so later. Another time the game was in the loading screen, sound cut out entirely then the game crashed. Another I was fishing, all sound completely stopped, no ambient or music sounds. Then the crash.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to have consistent audio without crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem only began yesterday with the 1.33 update.

The length of playtime between crashes can vary from 5 minutes only just loaded into the game up to an hour. I've been timing them. The longest I've been able to play without this kind of crash has been on my home lot for just over 1 hour. The shortest was loading to a community lot where the audio failed in the load & then arriving at the venue broke the game. 

EDIT: I should state that before posting this I restarted my game, did a complete sytem shutdown & rebuild my PS4 database. I also tried opening a vanilla game from start & the problem persisted.

Message 73 of 482 (1,398 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here on PS4. Unplayable... please fix Devil

Message 74 of 482 (1,392 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update: (Version 1.33) causes PS4 crash!

★ Novice

Same here. This is so frustrating, I almost feel like they should give out like a 60% off sale for the inconvenience... 

Message 75 of 482 (1,360 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@AmalatheaOthers have reported the sound issue without the crashes, and crashes without the sound issue. If you've experienced this sound issue, please open a bug report.

Can you please explain to me why it is helpful for me to fill out a seperate bug report for the audio issue I am experiencing with this update when that audio bug report is then merged into this mega crash thread? I am not being a * I honestly would like to know. As someone who also works in the tech industry this baffles me as inefficient. What am I misunderstanding here?

Message 76 of 482 (1,351 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Amalathea Your report was about the crashing. So it was merged back into the crash thread. The reports in the bug forum are one issue per thread. We need a thread that is only about the sound disappearing and cutting out, even if you feel it's connected to the crashing, the bug report must just be about the sound cutting out or disappearing.

Though if you are only hearing the sound issue right before the crash, it may be different than the sound issue others are posting about. 

Message 77 of 482 (1,341 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★ Newbie

same issue on ps4. played for hours the other day no issue but after updating I get about 10 minutes before the game crashes for seemingly no reason Frown

Message 78 of 482 (1,361 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also experiencing an unusual amount of crashes, 5 in the last 30 minutes! I wouldn’t mind too much but the game takes an age to load! 😣

I don’t have any mods of anything as I’m a PS4 player and the game is completely up to date as is the console version so it’s definitely update related. 

There’s also a really annoying beeping noise just before it crashes, it sounds like something you’d hear from an old style game such as Pac Man 😂. 

Message 79 of 482 (1,333 Views)

Sims4 keeps crashing when using the spaceship

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 01.195
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the spaceship to explore space?
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use the spaceship without any issues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Everytime I try to use the spaceship to explore space the game crashes. A thing pops up saying "an error has occured in the following application". All of the updates are already downloaded. I have a ps4 and have never downloaded any mods or custom content . I have never had this issue before lastnight. 

Message 80 of 482 (1,036 Views)