[FIXED][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

★ Guide

Same here with my PS4 after updating the sims 4 update yesterday. It has crashed 2 times on me while I was in build mode since updating. 

Message 61 of 482 (1,179 Views)

PS4 Frequent Crashing Since Newest Update

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game crashes periodically. I'm usually in an interaction wheel when it happens but it's happened when I was preparing to knit a project as well as when I was making a potion but I've tried recreating the circumstance and the game has not crashed. I've heard other PS4 users complaining about the game crashing during building sessions as well. The game is crashing every session I play but I can't connect it to a particular action
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes and I can't use it. All my sessions have ended with game crashes since I installed the update. Some sessions last five minutes, others have gone on for an hour.
What do you expect to see? My hope is that the game can be stabilized so that it runs without crashing at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has occurred after the 1.33 patch of November 10th.

I don't have much to add except this is happening often and to many players.  There are many players on the PS4 forums complaining about the constant crashing.  It makes the game unplayable.  

Message 62 of 482 (1,204 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue!, EA FIX THIS * can anyone tell me how can I get my money back cuz I preordered snowy scape and if I can't play it I don't want it 

Message 63 of 482 (1,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

(CM: WARNING! BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS TO FACTORY RESET, PLEASE >> READ THIS POST <<.)

Okay, fellow troubled Sim lovers; it’s unfortunate but I have been on the chat and phone with EA support for a good while this morning and have tried countless troubleshooting. It’s an actual SYSTEM error, so I am having to clear out all my saved data. 

1. Settings > Initialization and choose Initialize PS4 and hit FULL.

I am hoping this will help some way somehow, but if this is the ONLY option I have, I will try anything just to play my Sims. I will keep you posted to see if this is a tedious resolution, (wish me luck)! 🤪

*Prior to doing this, make sure all your SAVED DATA is transferred to the online one or a USB. 

Message 64 of 482 (1,183 Views)

Game error/ constant crashing after new update for console!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? The latest update 11/10/20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game crashes after 15 minutes!
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes!
What do you expect to see? The game not crashing at all!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue happened after the latest patch on 11/10/20.

The game crashes after 15 minutes since I have installed the latest update!

Message 65 of 482 (1,169 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup since update game has crashed 5 times. Everything is up to date. I uninstalled sims and then downloaded it again and the same thing keeps happening. Unplayable until it gets fixed. Ps4

Message 66 of 482 (1,172 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@pplcallmejae Please do not Initialize your PS4 for this issue.
Message 67 of 482 (1,169 Views)

★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@CisdamanThis thread is only for random crashes. Please create a bug report in the forums for the sound issue.

The problem with this is the ONLY time my game has crashed (8 times since last night) has been when the sound stopped working. It is the only common denominator.

Message 68 of 482 (1,167 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Amalathea Others have reported the sound issue without the crashes, and crashes without the sound issue. If you've experienced this sound issue, please open a bug report.
Message 69 of 482 (1,162 Views)

Re: Error Code CE-34878 [PS4]

★★★ Apprentice

This has just happened to me today, after installing the latest update,when I loaded my game up it informed me that there was items moved to my household, when I viewed them ,there was 20 books, fruit, an urn from 3 months ago, when I started to delete them I got a system error notice in red letters then I lost the sound from the game, then it crashed with error code 34878-0

Message 70 of 482 (1,169 Views)