[FIXED][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

Hero (Retired)
@dj-conflict No, this crashing is new and I don't have any info about the actual issue. I will update my post as I learn more. For now, there's general troubleshooting and some ideas to try to see if they help since the crashing can't be duplicated.
Message 21 of 482 (2,954 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★★★★★ Novice

So I actually went through all of the troubleshooting steps recommended (make sure ps4 is updated, make sure game is updated, shut down console completely and then restart after a few minutes, I even uninstalled the ENTIRE GAME and REINSTALLED it and all of my expansion packs). I’ve just now been playing for maybe 30 mins and AGAIN the game crashes. I’ve been playing Sims 4 for just a couple of years, but I’ve never had a problem like this before I downloaded the recommended update that was supposed to fix all the bugs already in the game! 

Message 22 of 482 (2,953 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@alijandi18 Thank you so much for doing the troubleshooting. I've escalated this crash post. I will update my original post as I get new information.
Message 23 of 482 (2,970 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Thank you so much!
Message 24 of 482 (2,963 Views)

Every time i get on to play after update my game crashes ps4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 11/10/2020 update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Dine out, Vampires, Outdoor retreat, Backyard stuff, Get famous, Perfect patio stuff, Seasons, Island living, Realm of magic, Moschino stuff, Parenthood, Discover University, Get together, Tiny living, StrangerVille, Eco Lifestyle, Cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I play it usually takes about 5-10 minutes before it just crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? It will take me to an error screen and it says in the suggested actions that I could try to update my game or system but I have no no updates for either shown. I can’t play without being kicked off and losing progress.
What do you expect to see? My game to not crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update 11/10/2020

began after the newest update

Message 25 of 482 (2,902 Views)

[PS4] Game crashing repeatedly after November update

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs installed except Eco Living, Knitting, Batuu, First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I exit Build Mode the game crashes to show the blue error screen. It happened every time after I restarted the game.
What do you expect to see? The game not crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The crashes started after the Nov. 10 update.

I put away holiday decorations in Build Mode, exited, and the game crashed to the error screen.  I restarted the game, returned to the household, opened Build Mode, sold decorations, closed Build Mode and the game crashed again with same error.  It happened a third time before I gave up. My household was in Forgotten Hollow.  Upon further exploration, it also crashed in Build Mode in San Myshuno.  It seems I can't play more than 5 to 10 minutes before another crash.

Message 26 of 482 (2,907 Views)

Sims 4 Update: (Version 1.33) causes PS4 crash!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have EVERY pack, and I have literally uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game THREE times today on my PS4. (Also, I have played this game with my saved files and without, yet I still get CE-34878-0 on my screen). I have NEVER had this issue with the Sims 4 until I downloaded the new Version 1.33. I even tried playing the Sims 4 w/out the newest update (of course, I knew I wouldn’t be able to play but I had to try anything). This is ridiculous, I am not getting assistance from any forum or chat to find what else I can do. It’s on live or build mode, it’s so random when my PS4 crashes.

Message 27 of 482 (2,918 Views)

Re: Every time i get on to play after update my game crashes ps4

★★★★★ Novice
@lys791 Exact same issue on my ps4 after the update today. Can't play anymore without the game crashing and showing an error message.
Message 28 of 482 (2,880 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★★ Novice

I play on PS4 as well and same thing keeps happening. 

Message 29 of 482 (3,116 Views)

Re: Latest Patch update causes game to crash (PS4)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is an issue they need to fix fast, it’s happening on all platforms. In 3 days they have their last expansion pack coming out, if this isn’t a fixed issue I don’t see a lot of people purchasing something they can not play. Angry

I have EVERY pack, and I have literally uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game THREE times today on my PS4. (Also, I have played this game with my saved files and without, yet I still get CE-34878-0 on my screen). I have NEVER had this issue with the Sims 4 until I downloaded the new Version 1.33. I even tried playing the Sims 4 w/out the newest update (of course, I knew I wouldn’t be able to play but I had to try anything). This is ridiculous, I am not getting assistance from any forum or chat to find what else I can do. It’s on live or build mode, it’s so random when my PS4 crashes.

Message 30 of 482 (2,937 Views)