Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Muted Sounds

by Cisdaman

Original Post

Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

★ Apprentice

EA is such a grand company. They already confirmed it is an Audio issue and fixed it for PC, which took way to long already. There are issues way bigger from other developers and I'v never seen a longer downtime of 2 hours, even on games you can play for free. 

Message 451 of 482 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I took a step back from doing more than keeping up with this thread just before bed each night since it seemed to have ground to a stand-still, only to find out that PC got a patch...Which effectively nuked a bunch of games? Now people who weren't crashing are, some can't even launch, and some get infinite loading screens even after repairing with Origin.

All this is telling me is our patch will get pushed even further out before we even have a chance at seeing it, and even then it probably won't fix the issues at hand if it doesn't simply make them worse.

I'll be backing all of my sims and builds up to my gallery before I even think of updating when the patch for console finally goes live. At least that way I might be able to salvage the burning wreckage they're apparently content to leave the game in post-release...

This is the most disheartening endeavor in playtesting and customer service I've ever seen. Kudos to the moderators and staff keeping up with everything on the help board though! You're honestly the only heroes we have out there right now.

Message 452 of 482 (550 Views)

★ Apprentice

I deleted over 120 hybrids, except 1

I had 40+ more sims in Newcrest, deleted them all.

Got to 3.5 hours between crashes.

Then the next day it went right back to crashing every 30 minutes.

If I didn't know better I'd think the software was self aware and trolling me. :/ 

Message 453 of 482 (538 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Pantheracus I haven’t seen anyone on this board, Reddit or Twitter have any lasting success with the audio work around. I can say personally that it made no difference at all when I attempted to start up the game yet again yesterday.
Message 454 of 482 (688 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I assume the patch was only for PC?

I'm on PS4, and I haven't seen any updates or patches for the Sims since the Sound related crashes started. It says I'm up to date as of the official update that caused the problem.
Message 455 of 482 (431 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Cisdaman The patch was only for PC, not consoles. The patch notes were a little confusing there.
Message 456 of 482 (429 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just a quick sum up:

Patch 1.34 went live yesterday for PC, claiming to fix the audio bugs and the following crashes.

However, the Simmers claim that it only got progressively worse.

1.Audio cuts out right away instead of after some time played, resulting in crackling when using headsets or headphones.

2. They cannot load any of their save games. The only thing they get is a permanent loading screen.

3. The game still crashes after some time for majority of people that had the same issue before.

4. Some people cannot even start their game. They dont even get an error message.

Regarding this, it seems like the console patch will be even futher away. That may be because the PC is still considered the main platform. Since console-simmers apparently do not pay to play the game.

Message 457 of 482 (655 Views)

Hero
@Cisdaman yeah sorry. didn't' think about that.

The bug was also appearing on PC, so I'm wondering if it's at least fixed for them.

Should have asked what platform.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 458 of 482 (426 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Thanks for the clarification! I was afraid I was missing something, lol.
Message 459 of 482 (426 Views)

★ Apprentice
@McGangster97 Yet they refuse to remove this nightmare of a patch.
Message 460 of 482 (645 Views)