Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

by MediaKlepto

Original Post

Re: Help! Sims 4 ps4 crashing November update

Hero (Retired)

@Joseistrippy  Please Share your save files as requested by SimQARobo. 

Please also see the first post in this thread for updates!

Message 191 of 482 (518 Views)

Re: Sims4 keeps crashing when using the spaceship

★ Guide

I want to send you my save files but the "How to" share these files is too vague. Tell me exactly who & where to upload exactly what or I can't actually do so.

"The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc. Please mention the names of the saves that are affected." <- What!?

I mean this is the link to my google drive folder. Is this what you want? I am honestly offended that you have made this a guessing game.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16z6cfkaODFaMaPF0YX72Gxox4tQes5EW?usp=sharing

Message 192 of 482 (550 Views)

Re: Help! Sims 4 ps4 crashing November update

★ Apprentice

I jus want to add that like a lot of people, I also have had the sound stop working and the severe lag. Restarting fixes the sound temporarily, but nothing else. Again I am also unable to upload save files unfortunately but thought it important to note that the sound also goes missing randomly.

Really gutted I can't play...

Message 193 of 482 (520 Views)

Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

★ Novice

I have no sound after awhile than like 20m or so it crashes 

Message 194 of 482 (676 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★ Novice

This is the error I get after crashing. 

Message 195 of 482 (675 Views)

Re: Sims4 keeps crashing when using the spaceship

★★★ Newbie

Random frequent crashes since I downloaded Sims Cats and Dogs with the pets stuff package. Even if I save frequently it deletes everything and starts me back off from a random point in the game.

Message 196 of 482 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I did the initalisation of my PS4 (not caring if I would lose my data or not) and it went from crashing every 10 minutes to then every half hour and now Ican get in an hour and a halfs play time at a time.

I am NOT saying to do this, I am NOT saying it works (because obviously it doesn't or does for a longer period of time depending on how you look at it) but it works a little longer for me at least.

The only thing that is really screwy now is the connection to the internet, it says that I can't connect when the household wifi is perfectly fine. I can handle, for the most part, an hour and a half play time but I use the gallery for my houses so it is a bother a little.

Message 197 of 482 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@NafretitiI honestly don't think reinitializing or reinstalling has anything to do with it. The first time I loaded up after the patch (literally minutes after it finished installing) I had 3 entire uninterrupted hours of playtime. Came back a while later and crashed twice inside of 25 minutes.

I'm mainly more interested as to why this thread is marked as "having an EA-approved solution". Is that the catch-all for threads they're actually looking at or is something actively in the works as a resolution to this mess?

Edit: Oh now I see what they've gone and done - used the "solution" tag to mark the Bot's post asking for saves "for visibility". Way to instill false hope!

Message 198 of 482 (570 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nafretiti @MediaKlepto Please Share your save files as requested by SimQARobo. 

Please also see the first post in this thread for updates!

With regards to the marked "solved" post, it's simply so people can find the QA request for saves. It's not a bot post, it's a real life person asking for saves to look into the crashing.

Message 199 of 482 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Oh, no, I don't presume it to be an actual BOT posting! I'm quite sure it's an actual person. :P

My concern is more to the effect that some people will see that there's a "solution" and reconsider sending their saves to try and help address this issue because they expect a patch is immanent. It would be so much better to have a specific tag for something like requests for info/files.

If I can manage to empty and reformat one of my USBs I'll be sending my saves sometime today.
Message 200 of 482 (540 Views)