Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

by TurboTavia

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am trying to narrow down the reason behind the crashing (I myself seem to experience a crash up to 5 times an hour (PS4)), and have left my game idling in the background. An hour paused has so far not resulted in any crashes. I will also be letting the game play, and idling in build mode, as many people have experienced crashes there as well. Not sure how helpful this is, but I found it interesting regardless. 

EDIT: Crashed whilst attempting to save my game during gameplay idle.
EDIT 2: Did not experience any crashes whilst idling in build mode.

So, for me the only issue is something that happens during gameplay. No idea what though.

Message 171 of 482 (911 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TurboTavia  Please Share your save files as requested by SimQARobo. 

Please also see the first post in this thread for updates!

Message 172 of 482 (886 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do not own a computer so I am unable to share my save files.

Message 173 of 482 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've noticed that my Pet Pack is working fine and I've been playing only on that world. This is I guess maybe important because I downloaded that pack after I downloaded the November patch. I still cant play on all my other packs as they crash every 5 minutes but been playing on pets all day with no issues maybe a bit laggie but that's it.

Message 174 of 482 (832 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

First time playing since the update and my game crashed 15 minutes in.

Message 175 of 482 (743 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just want to know when this will be fixed so I can play my game! I love sims and since I’m in quarantine it was the only thing I was looking forward to do for 14 days. 

Message 176 of 482 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PS 4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? Latest

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, My First Pet, 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sims plays with his pet fox and it crashes. He tries washing his fox and it crashes. He's close to coming back from work and it crashes. The game automatically speeds up when he goes to work and it crashes. 

What happens when the bug occurs? See above. Though one time it didn't automatic fast forward when he went to work. The sound stopped working and it crashed.

What do you expect to see? I expected my Sim to build up his friendship level with his fox or come home from work. I also expected the game to automatically fast forward because he was the last person Sim in the house. I also expected to hear the foxes barking at each other because the sound cut off.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I don't think that's possible on console so no.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I think it started after installing the newest patch. 

I don't have a computer so I can't upload my saved files.

Message 177 of 482 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I can’t share save files. Does this mean my save will be okay after the game is fixed?
Message 178 of 482 (758 Views)

★ Apprentice

@KayDeagh 

Guess you got lucky. I only have Cats and Dogs and My First Pet but have problems. I did have some lag before it began crashing. I thought the lag was unrelated to the crashing problem. 

Message 179 of 482 (752 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Antta Please Share your save files as requested by SimQARobo. 

Please also see the first post in this thread for updates!

@rshell193 Your saves should be fine.

Message 180 of 482 (725 Views)