PS4 Game Crashes Since November UPDATE

by NewSimmerLEG2020

Original Post

Re: Sims4 keeps crashing when using the spaceship

Hero
@DawsonGR2292 Merged your post with the master thread on PS4 crashing as yours sounds rather random

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 482 (1,198 Views)

Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

★★★ Newbie
I've only had the game since May, but this just started happening to me. I went through every troubleshooting method I could find in the forums with the exception of completely reformatting my PS4. I'm not doing that, as the issue is with only this game, and didn't happen until the patch. The fact that this has happened with so many previous patches, and to so many other players, doesn't give me much hope, either. The game is utterly unplayable when it not only crashes every 10 minutes, but when those crashes corrupt your save files to boot! I'm not risking everything I worked on, and all the money I invested in this product to appease a company that won't sort out their own programming errors. EA has always been known for having some pretty pronounced bugs, but I deal with them because I love the Sims, and have through many iterations of the game. I even put up with the fact that I have to warn people not to purchase the product through third parties, like Steam, because EA won't allow them to use their registry codes if they do. There's a LOT of nonsense that we hand wave, but refusing to even take responsibility for an issue that has been happening with updates for thhis long, and renders the game unplayable, is too much. I expect to see an entire year of clean running before EA will see another penny from my household.
Message 92 of 482 (1,195 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Just posting so hopefully the devs see that lots of people are having this issue. Crashing about 10 minutes into gameplay and getting an error code on PS4 pro. Rebuilt my database and uninstalled the game and then put it back on. Nothing I have tried has worked. Game was running perfectly until I updated it yesterday so it’s definitely the update that has caused this problem. I’ve just bought Eco Lifestyle as well at full price so this is really frustrating. 

Message 93 of 482 (1,186 Views)

★ Apprentice

@pplcallmejae wrote:

Thanks @MediaKlepto! And thanks to @PoptartJuniper for starting this thread and helping everyone out! Let’s all hope for an “early Christmas present” of these issues being fixed & endless hours of crash free gameplay during the Snowy Escape!!! ♥️😆

You mean, let's hope for endless hours of crash free gameplay during Snowy Escape, to make up for the gameplay we're losing now. :D

Message 94 of 482 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same! I'm reporting every time it happens so hopefully they'll get as annoyed as we are lol

Message 95 of 482 (1,228 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★ Apprentice

My game is also completely unplayable after this patch. It has crashed a countless number of times and the game itself now runs horribly, my ps4 is incredibly loud when playing this game.

Doesn't matter what I do, it just crashes. It needs to be fixed.

Message 96 of 482 (1,216 Views)

PS4 Game Crashes Since November UPDATE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Starwars, Nifty Knitting, and Romance Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just logging in on playstation 4 pro and playing the game for like 20 or so minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? It gives me an error and it closes unexpectedly and it has never done that until the new patch update.
What do you expect to see? I'm building and it just closes out whenever it wants. It has happened twice. To experience no crashes while building or playing in live mode. Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November patch update with the platforms etc.

My game has NEVER crashed on the ps4 pro console until the patch update. 

Message 97 of 482 (1,224 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update Crash 1.33

Hero
@zionna773 Merged your post with the master crash thread for PS4

@NewSimmerLEG2020

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 482 (1,221 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening to me as well. I also play on a PS4. For me, I’ve gone into CAS three times between yesterday and today since the update and all 3 times, my game crashed at some point while I’m in CAS and I’ve already lost about 3 hours of my life re-dressing Sims only to have the game crash and everything I’ve done simply evaporates. I have submitted PS4 reports that start with “CAS Crash”.

After the December 2019 update the exact same issue started happening and it wasn’t fixed until the September 2020 update when the patch notes indicated that you guys “checked around and found some additional memory. This should help those Simmers who were unfortunate enough to crash during travel and transitioning in and out of Build Buy on some of their more built-up saves.” With that issue (that took almost 9 months to get fixed) it also crashed consistently while in CAS, when traveling, and when going in and out of Build/Buy mode. After the September update my game hasn’t crashed once. Until today, thanks to yesterday’s update.

I CANNOT believe this is happening AGAIN.. My game has literally run correctly for just 2 months over the past year. I haven’t bought the last 2 or 3 packs that were put out because I was done putting more money into a game that never ran correctly or consistently. I was finally confident in the game again and was going to purchase the Snowy Escape pack this Friday, but after this, I’m going to have to seriously reconsider that decision. Was looking forward to playing my game today as I have the day off from work, but nope. The only thing that seems to be consistent about this game is the frustration and disappointment it causes. :-( 

Message 99 of 482 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes

Hello.

For anyone experiencing crashing on PS4, would you be wiling to share affected save files?  If so, instructions are here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

The team is continuing to investigate these issues, but affected save files may be helpful.  If you decide to send saves, please also include notes on what you're doing in the game when it crashes.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 100 of 482 (7,564 Views)