Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

by MediaKlepto

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★ Novice

I'm also on ps4, and mine is doing the exact same 🙄 i done the update then it just goes off and says error, all I want to do is play the game but its really annoying me

Message 81 of 482 (1,157 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MinniesEden Hah, someone on Twitter compared that sound to an old Atari game.

I can attest to not having noticed the sound issue during my crashes, but I've mainly seen that being mentioned in live mode/loading live mode. Both times I crashed it was during build mode so perhaps if there is a correlation between the sound distortion and the crashes it's specific to active play.
Message 82 of 482 (1,059 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update: (Version 1.33) causes PS4 crash!

★ Apprentice

Can't go 5 minutes without a crash. The game is absolutely unplayable and I just got a pack. I'm super disappointed in EA at this point. There is no common factor with the crashing. The audio is even going out or if its not out it makes an awful sound- then it crashes . But its not consistent. 

I play on PS4, so no mods. 

Message 83 of 482 (1,016 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@MediaKlepto are The Sims page saying anything about the crashes on Twitter? Or even noticing a problem they need to fix? (I try to refrain from social media if at all possible, haha). 

Message 84 of 482 (1,013 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pplcallmejae As of now it's been radio silence, which is about par for the course. The only update I've seen so far has been the edit to the first post on this thread by @PoptartJuniper mentioning that the QA team is aware of the issue and looking into it.

I do certainly hope that's the case; I'm sure all of us were looking forward to this update, and the patch notes were stellar - up until the part where we discovered we couldn't play...
Message 85 of 482 (1,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks @MediaKlepto! And thanks to @PoptartJuniper for starting this thread and helping everyone out! Let’s all hope for an “early Christmas present” of these issues being fixed & endless hours of crash free gameplay during the Snowy Escape!!! ♥️😆

Message 86 of 482 (1,058 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★ Novice

This isn’t just Mac. Xbox One is experiencing the same issue. Time and sims freeze and it returns me to home. It happens every 20 minutes about, but it lasts longer the less I use fast forward.

Message 87 of 482 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformSony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover Uni, Get Famous, Get Together, Get To Work, Island Living, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Moschino, Nifty Knitting, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, Up All Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any gameplay will replicate this after 5-10 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game stutters in motion and sound, then freezes, then immediately crashes, leaving a blue screen of death with error CE-34878-0.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game without crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Maybe? I have custom lots and sims downloaded from the library.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem only with the 1.33 update.

I don't have much more to offer than anyone else here, but wanted to add my post to the thread in the hopes that the more of us who report this bug, the quicker it'll get fixed. Even without the crashing, I'm experiencing extremely slow normal gameplay as well, plus some odd behaviors (Sims ignoring commands, or taking an extra long time to obey commands). Perhaps that needs to be reported separately.

Not sure if these can be answered here, but I also had a couple questions about uninstalling and reinstalling the game; if I were to reinstall from the original game disc, am I then able to choose which updates to install (avoiding 1.33)? Would the original game support the expansion packs without installing any updates?

Thanks,

Lumi

Message 88 of 482 (1,041 Views)

I keep getting error messages for sims 4

★ Novice

I have sims 4 on my ps4 but because of the November update it keeps crashing and I can’t even play it I even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling.

Message 89 of 482 (824 Views)

Re: Sims4 keeps crashing when using the spaceship

★★ Novice

I am also on PS4 and did the update yesterday and ever since my game has been broken. 
it crashes every 10-15 min, it starts off with sound and then I lose all sound 5 min into playing and shortly after the sound goes out it crashes my game with an error code. 
I tried to play it all night multiple actions was causing it to crash which led me to think it’s the update and not the actions I’m having my sims do. I kept losing so much progress. Hoping it gets fixed soon. 

Message 90 of 482 (1,026 Views)