Re: Game crashing

by Nafretiti

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Constantly (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, StrangerVille, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There's no discernible trigger. The game will simply seize/freeze for maybe a second and then produce a PS4 error CE-34878-0 which forces the game to close. It happens randomly, seemingly whenever the game feels like it.
What happens when the bug occurs? As explained above, the crash produces PS4 bluescreen error code CE-34878-0, and asks for you to report the issue (which I have done, twice, attaching screenshot and video).
What do you expect to see? I would sincerely HOPE to be able to actually PLAY THE GAME, considering this constant crashing has made that impossible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None, as this is console-related
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have never once in my months and months of playing TS4 on PS4 ever experienced a crash until this sudden deluge following the November 10th 2020 release of patch 1.33, preceding the release of Snowy Escape.

Adding what little bit of info I can. The first time I loaded the game I spent nearly 3 hours messing with a lot; bulldozing, replacing, moving, building, buying, etc. and all was well. Returned to the game a few hours later (after powering down my console as I always have when I'm done playing) and crashed within 15 minutes while continuing to remodel the yard, and then again within 15 minutes after reloading. I had saved twice before then in anticipation of another crash, and I'm glad I did. Unbelievable, and absolutely unplayable.

This is quite possibly the most disheartening thing I could have started playing and experienced today. Looking forward to the new expansion, and this is how it's starting out? Here's to hoping this doesn't get left on the backburner, considering how many paying players this is effectively ostracizing.

Message 31 of 482 (1,946 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update: (Version 1.33) causes PS4 crash!

★★★ Newbie

Okay every time I load the game and spend like 5-10 minutes it crashes with the same error code I don’t even use a USB either and I have the digital edition and it’s this new update I swear because this has never happened before! snowy escape more like sorry no game for you because the update broke your whole console! I’m currently redownloading the game and I’m sure it will still have errors hopefully they put out a fix soon because it’s not my console and I’m DEFINITELY not doing a factory reset for it either!

Message 32 of 482 (1,892 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update: (Version 1.33) causes PS4 crash!

★★★★★ Novice

I had to delete the game and reinstall everything and it's been 20 mins so I'm seeing if the error message still pops up. I wonder if I have to just create a new family or something and delete all saved data. Siiigh.

Message 33 of 482 (1,885 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★★★ Newbie

This is also happening on my PlayStation after I got the update as well. But build mode and staying on the town screen or being on pause it doesn’t crash at all only when i play the live mode. The audio also corrupts as well 

Message 34 of 482 (2,088 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★ Apprentice

@MediaKlepto wrote:

Apologies, Klepto, I "borrowed" your header tags Wink

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bluescreen crash, with aforementioned error code.
What do you expect to see? AAA title that is playable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Update ver 1.33

Comments:

This saddens me. It is/can be a really enjoyable game. But...

Releasing untested software is a big No-No in software development: You just DONT DO IT! To me, this indicates a problem with priorities. I have read of numerous repetitive bugs that as yet, remain unaddressed despite consumer requests to please, please please fix this. "React in Disgust"?

Again: priorities.

I will not be purchasing the upcoming expansion. Furthermore, I will be extremely reluctant to purchase ANY future EA titles.

Message 35 of 482 (1,894 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game crashing repeatedly after November update

★ Apprentice

Same here! Seems to be quite a few posts about it 

Message 36 of 482 (1,865 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My game crashed while I was playing at my cat cafe. It was all going great until I tried to talk to another Sim and bam crash. My game never crashes. 🤔

Message 37 of 482 (1,859 Views)

★ Guide

In addition to multiple crashes, I am having sound issues. CAS and build mode have music but in live mode there is no sound. 

Message 38 of 482 (1,857 Views)

Re: Game crashing

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I have the latest version of the game and the latest PS4 version but it still crashes.

Message 39 of 482 (1,894 Views)

Sims 4 PS4 Crash after Nov. 10 Update

★★★ Novice

I have the Sims 4 on PS4 and I never had an issue with crashing until the update on Nov. 10. My game crashed last night twice in an hour. This morning it crashed 4 times in the hour. I receive the error code " An error has occurred in the following application. (CE-34878-0). The Sims 4." Each time I have sent a report to Sony with the crash.

Both my PS4 and Sims 4 have all current updates loaded. 

I worked very hard on developing my Sim families without cheats. I am going to be extremely disappointed if I have to uninstall and reinstall the game, losing my data.

Message 40 of 482 (1,805 Views)