Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

by alijandi18

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same here. The game is completely unplayable right now ever since I installed the update.

It happens in every mode, even in build mode. Please don't say that solving this will take as long as it took to fix the bugs we had after Eco Living.

Message 10 of 482 (4,106 Views)

Re: Latest Patch update causes game to crash (PS4)

★★★ Novice

Same for me. Installed the latest update and the game crashed twice during normal gameplay. No specific trigger. Game crashed twice in an hour. Please fix this

Message 11 of 482 (3,428 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Guide
@dimon6579 Im on ps4, just tried what you suggested, I made a new save, I made a single character and put him in a starter home in willow creek and it held up well. I then swapped to the delgato family in brindleton bay and it crashed instantly. This game runs about as well as maxis bug fixes. I'm done until the next update as I simply can't play at all
Message 12 of 482 (3,833 Views)

Re: Latest Patch update causes game to crash (PS4)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine just crashed after loading my game on PS4 in build mode. They should test the updates thoroughly before sending them out to everyone.

Message 14 of 482 (3,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My game has only crashed twice since the update,  but everything has slowed to a crawl.  Every other command is ignored,  and I cannot speed up time without hitting the button 3 or 4 times.  I agree with everyone else that the PS4 version is completely unplayable right now which really irritates me.  Why the heck did I buy most of the expansions, game and stuff packs only to find myself not being able to play it?

ETA:  Oh,  and my sims completely stop talking at random points and won't start again without reloading.  The music will still play,  but no voices can be heard whether talking or singing.  Before anyone asks... The volume is fine on my Voices under the Audio menu.  This NEVER happened until this update.

Message 15 of 482 (3,318 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dj-conflict My game is also crashing excessively after downloading the latest game update. I’m playing on ps4, did not buy any new expansion packs, and it’s still crashing. The first one happened maybe 45 mins into playing and the last three increasingly crashed faster than the last. This is ridiculous. I’ve poured hundreds of dollars into playing this game and I can’t even do that.
Message 16 of 482 (3,294 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Cisdaman This thread is only for random crashes. Please create a bug report in the forums for the sound issue.
Message 17 of 482 (3,287 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper My bad! Thanks for letting me know and I have reported it in the No Sound on PS4 thread that had already been started.
Message 18 of 482 (3,267 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper This happens on new saves too, after my game crashing 4 times on the save that I had for the past week, I decided to try a new game, I chose the delgato family in brindleton bay and the game crashed almost instantly. Does this mean that we just straight up can't have big houses or families? If so what's the point In playing if you cannot get everything out of the game?
Message 19 of 482 (3,249 Views)

★ Guide
@alijandi18 Its beyond a joke, mine crashed after roughly 20 mins then it crashed almost instantly another 4 times after loading my save, and again after starting a new game. Hundreds of pounds down the drain all because EA would rather make a quick buck over a functional product. At this point it's more of a scam than it is a game
Message 20 of 482 (3,241 Views)