FAQ - Sims 4 Console Cheats

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

FAQ - Sims 4 Console Cheats

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Please read through Controls for Sims 4 on Console for the full list of controls, including how to open the cheat panel and which key combinations to use, along with some frequently used cheat controls.

There's a guide here on the full list of cheats available. Not all cheats are available to console usershttps://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

Cheats that previously worked may not work anymore Cheats won't work

Cheat Controls, and Cheat Codes will not be covered here. Please read the links above.

Useful Info

Cheats disable Achievements and Trophies. The exception is bb.showliveeditobjects (reference) and bb.moveobjects (reference) (There may be others but those are the only ones I have seen officially commented on).

Most Cheats must be entered in Live Mode.

Some cheats do not require testingcheats to be on. If you are having trouble, try turning testingcheats off and then enter the cheat again. Make sure you are typing the cheat in the cheat box and not in the "search" box. The search box has a character limit.

Some build cheats require a blank search for the hidden and debug objects to appear. "Open the Search panel in Build/Buy and press RT (Xbox One) / R2 (PlayStation 4) to apply a blank search." (Patch Notes Here) then scroll to the bottom of the items for all the hidden/debug/live edit objects.

Debug items you can also apply a blank search after entering the hidden objects cheat, then open the sort RT (Xbox One) / R2 (PlayStation 4), select Content>Unknown. You can also do a search by item in the search box.

Common Issues

Why isn't bb.showliveeditobjects working? BB.Showliveeditobjects not working

Debug items aren't appearing! Debug Cheat Not Working

My mood/need cheat stopped working! Mood and Need cheats not working

Pregnancy Cheats aren't working! Pregnancy cheats not working

I can't get Occult cheats to work! Adding and Removing occult Traits

bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement is too long for the text box! Unlock all items Text box limit

How do I enable the advanced roof controls? How to Select Curve Advance Options on Roof

Other FAQ Guides

DLC Issues

Console Gallery

Autonomy and Simulation Lag

Console Mods and CC

General FAQ and Help Threads 

Console Troubleshooting Guide 

Message 1 of 1 (13,702 Views)