[FAQ] Controls on top right side of screen

by Dreadist

Original Post

Re: Displayed Controller Options during Gameplay and Loading Times

Hero (Retired)

@GrasshopperFK Your post has been merged with the main post about this feature. Please see the marked post on the first page for How to Turn it Off.

For your load screen times, they seem similar to what other console users see with all the packs. You can join the discussion here.

Message 31 of 40 (852 Views)

Re: Sims4 Controller buttons shown on screen

★★★ Newbie

There's actually 2 options in the game options settings under "other"

There's "show controls legend" and underneath that is "controls overlay reminder" 

You want to uncheck the overlay.

Message 32 of 40 (806 Views)

Why is there button contolls appearing on screen?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions all stuff all game packs except starwars and knitting and first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? instructions appear without pressing the left stick down for controls.
What do you expect to see? all the button commands on the top right side of the screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I provided a photo of the issue as seen on screen.

Message 33 of 40 (760 Views)

Re: Why is there button contolls appearing on screen?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@NissanFan89 Looks like you've been away a while! 

If you have controls appearing on the screen, this is not a bug. Please see Controls for Sims on Console or Controls on top Right of Screen.

You can read this thread for all the latest information and issues. [Read First][Current Issues] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.33 (Nov 10 Update)

Message 34 of 40 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea I havent played a while since University.  It just seems dumb to have that on screen with the press down on left stick to show you what button does what with the image of the controller showing where buttons are where.  Remove it the buttons on screen and fix the issue with controls command not showing up on the diagram when I press down to recap what buttons do and where they are.  Just re enforce players to explore feature that provide help more.  I prefer it  like that since 2017. Cuz it also does block and bother me.  Can I turn it off or remove it from there in the options menu?

Message 35 of 40 (726 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@NissanFan89 Please read my above post.
Message 36 of 40 (723 Views)

★★★ Novice

do you know or a way to directly tell EA or Maxies about this uhh issue?  cuz it does bother me.  I prefer a game screen or HUD thats noticeable and not blocking things like Ads.  it also seems unrefined or lack of polish or somthing. 

Message 37 of 40 (719 Views)

Re: Are we that Lazy?

★★ Expert
@NissanFan89--can you try disabling the controls overlay reminder / legends in game options -> other?
Message 38 of 40 (712 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @NissanFan89, that's ok. We're always reading the forums even if we can't realistically respond to all the posts. Posting here does the job for sharing your feedback with this.

Please try the steps Poptarts shared above in those links. They'll help you with the controls displaying in the top right of your screen.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 39 of 40 (680 Views)

Re: Are we that Lazy?

★★★ Novice

OH!? I got PS4 Console but Ima check now.  if its there thank goodness. but it would help to explain that there is a way to turn off the feature of any kind.  And I did look into the options before but will check again. 

Message 40 of 40 (637 Views)