[FAQ] Controls on top right side of screen

by Dreadist

Original Post

Re: Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@everxafter  From the solution post in this thread 

"if you don’t want to be reminded and you know all the controls by heart, you can turn off the Controls Overlay Reminder in the Game Options > Other men

Edit: There's two checkboxes.

"Show Controls Legend"
"Controls Overlay Reminder"

Did you uncheck both boxes?

Message 21 of 40 (1,812 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@everxafter wrote:
@PoptartJuniperNope. Didn't fix it. That option in the menu does nothing. See my post below for a picture of what it does.

Did you uncheck both of them? screencap attached

Message 22 of 40 (1,802 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Dreadist Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Perhaps something isn't quite working right in your game. This won't affect your save files.
Message 23 of 40 (1,766 Views)

Control Remind Overlay

★★★ Newbie

with the new update showing new simmers how to use the controls, it gives us the option to get rid of it, but whenever I press the off button on it in settings it wont go away. does anyone else have this problem?

Message 24 of 40 (1,776 Views)

Re: Control Remind Overlay

Hero (Retired)

@vKeijukainen There are two checkboxes. Are they both unchecked? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-on-top-right-side-of-screen/m-p/9169695...

Try powering down your console and restarting, or reinstalling the game.

Message 25 of 40 (1,736 Views)

Re: Sims4 Controller buttons shown on screen

★★ Novice

Go to the game options menu, then scroll all the way down to “other, then turn off “show controls legend“. 

Message 26 of 40 (1,715 Views)

Re: Controls overlay won't turn off

★★ Novice

That’s weird. It solves the problem for me. I turned off “show controls legend“ and “controls overlay reminder”. 

Message 27 of 40 (1,715 Views)

How do you remove the controls hud on Sims 4 PS4?

★ Novice

So, I got the newest update on PS4 (1.27 I believe), and when I started playing, on the top right hand side of the screen, it shows what all the buttons do on the HUD. It’s really annoying. How do I remove them?

Message 28 of 40 (1,672 Views)

Re: How do you remove the controls hud on Sims 4 PS4?

Hero (Retired)

@jakethesims2000 Your post has been merged with the main post about this feature. Please see the marked post on the first page for How to Turn it Off.

Message 29 of 40 (1,640 Views)

Displayed Controller Options during Gameplay and Loading Times

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.27 (6/10/2020 Patch)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
How can we find the bug ourselves? Just load the Game included all Packs and latest Patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

Hi Folks, i have the following problem since the latest update, or since installing the latest expansion pack (Eco Lifestyle).
The controller options are continuously displayed during the current game.

Die Sims™ 4_20200619131428.jpg

I have already reinstalled it, but without a positive result.
Is the Problem already known and will be patched soon?

I would also like to talk about / criticize the long loading times when you have installed all available Expansion Packs.

It takes about 3 minutes and 30 seconds from the XMB menu (starting Sims4) to the main screen of the game.
01.jpg

Another 30 seconds pass from the main screen to the world map.
02.jpg

And it takes another 3 minutes from the world map to the final loaded game.
03.jpg

That means a full loading time of over 7 minutes and that can't be serious.

We spend a lot of money on the game and I think we can expect a little more performance. Other games do it much better. For example RDR2. It loads one time a little longer but then you can travel the whole map without intermediate loads. Of course, these may be different engines, but Maxis / EA have not only been on the market since yesterday.

Kind Regards!

Message 30 of 40 (1,640 Views)