Re: Dogs and Cats won’t stop passing out?

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Dogs and Cats won’t stop passing out?

★★ Apprentice

I’m on an Xbox One S. I have the majority of DLC for the sims 4. Missing maybe 4 things. Upon starting my new save file yesterday, the dog I added to the household won’t stop sleeping and/or passing out? I’ve tried reseting him and deleting him from the household. But it’s like he is constantly queued to sleep. Even if his need decay is off. My gf also plays on a separate xbox, and the cat she added to her house also wouldn’t stop sleeping. We both tried the same fixes to no luck. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (4,536 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hubble122 Is the issue similar or the same as this reported bug?Pet Stays up all night, collapses 

Message 2 of 6 (4,508 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'd say it's a little different, because on both our games the pet is refusing to do anything but sleep. They may wake up for two seconds to spin/bark but that's about it. Their food is even spoiling because they won't stay up long enough to eat. After about a week in-game my dog has stopped passing mostly, and he seems kinda normal now. Still passes out for seemingly no reason but it is not as constant. Still very often though. I'd say at least once every 1-2 in-game hours. My gfs cat was still bugged out when she got off, she did not play as long though. She was able to interact with her cat, instruct it to eat and it'd follow out the queued tasks before going right back to sleep.

Both of the pets we downloaded from the gallery, although we changed the traits and I redid some of the dog's appearance/colors. Is it possible that the gallery save of the animals are bugged?

Message 3 of 6 (4,498 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Hubble122 So you think they had a different trait before? Maybe Lazy? Some pets do sleep a lot depending on the traits.
Message 4 of 6 (4,488 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper My current dog is a couch potato, but when I started the save he was for sure sleeping way too much. He wasn't meeting any other of his needs, but it also didn't seem like they were draining. To be fair I'm not sure if he was ever awake long enough for the game to register his needs had drained. He is still constantly sleeping, and I only recognize it when his food spoils but I think it's less constant. He will pass out multiple times on a short walk, which is unlike any other of my couch potato dogs. So I'm not sure what is up with it.

As for my gfs game, she's just ignored the cat entirely. All it does is sleep. I thought she'd removed it at first. It does not eat nor have I seen it use the bathroom. He does not have any lazy trait. I'm not sure if he did originally though.
Message 5 of 6 (4,473 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hubble122 Can you try the following things to see if any help at all:

1. Travel with the pet to another map.
  2. Move the household out of their lot (sell all the items), load the new lot and then move the sims back using their phone. 
  3. Move the pet out of the household to another household, them move them back.
Message 6 of 6 (4,468 Views)