Re: Dog bugs

by Cuddly_Poochydex

Original Post

Dog bugs

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have a pet dog and it is always uncomfortable and says it is scared. is this supposed to be a constant thing? because all it does is whine all the time. I read somewhere else  that  it could be a bug due to going to the vets and the moodlet not disappearing. I don't use cheats because they disable trophies so I don't know what else to do any ideas?

EDIT: I think it may have been caused by giving it a wellness treat I have tried travelling and giving my dog different treats but nothing works, seems like a 'stuck' moodlet bug. There also seems to be an issue with the Dog animation bugging out randomly, the will contort like something out of the exorcist, pretty creepy.

Message 1 of 4 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Can you try and 

• Reset him/her with cheats (press Ctrl, shift and C , then type in testingcheats true , if it says cheats enabled, type in: cas.fulleditmode  )
  • Press shift, and click on the dog , then select the option 'reset object debug'
  • If it doesn't work, then add the pet to your library/the gallery, delete him from the family (you need to use cas.fulleditmode <> once it's on it will stay on until you leave the game<> )
  • Then re - add the dog later.

It is common to get the animation bug with cats and dogs, so try and change the pet's clothes (if he/she has any on) or remove them. IF you have mods, remove them (Don't just turn them off) and delete localthumbcache. Good luck fixing your problem!

Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, thanks for the response my issue with the Dog has fixed itself, but I still get weird animation bugs, I don't have mods as I am on console and I tend not to use cheats as it disables trophies, but this is still useful for anyone else who isn't bothered about using cheats. 

Message 3 of 4 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Ok!
Sadly on consoles you do get more bugs, and many can not be fixed Frown
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)