Re: If Discover University pre order still isn't downloading...

by Amalathea

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 discover university can’t download pre order

★ Novice

I’ll try that but wow is that a weird way to get it to work!

Message 20 of 27 (317 Views)

Re: If Discover University pre order still isn't downloading...

★ Guide
@Doppel399 I've been trying this too for a half hour. It's the PS4 "did you unplug & plug it back in". My problem is likely not going to fix from this. I bought the pre-order yesterday. I have the theme installed, the receipt in my email & I can either buy the DLC again or call Sony/Maxis because the store doesn't have download it has purchase. In the game splash page the Univeristy icon clearly shows "not owned" & clicking it opens the DLC info popup. Clicking on THAT takes me back to the store page where I don't own the thing I paid for but I CAN buy it again.

This is a real punch in the face since I only bought this DLC because they announced the gallery going global yesterday with a promise to let us console kids join the cool kids community after 3 years of being treated like stinky underpants.

....console is restarting now....

And, well at least now the store thinks I own the DLC. Guess I don't have to call anyone. That's good.

...Downloading DLC now...

And, that worked the DLC has downloaded. If I start the game & it repeatedly crash cycles I'm gonna scream.
Message 21 of 27 (295 Views)

★ Guide
@PookieBelle00 There is a possible fix. Rebuild your database. Or else do what I did,
-Remove USB external storage if you have it. (Settings->Devices->USB Storage Devices-> select your USB Harddrive, it will have a green dot showing what is connected->Stop Using This Extended Storage.
-Turn Power off (hold PS button, power -> turn off console)
-Physically unplug the console from the power supply at the back of the hardware & not the wall outlet
-Set a time for at least a minute I left mine unplugged 5 minutes.
-Plug your power cord back into your console hardware.
-Turn the console back on.

The content should now be visible as owned & begin to download. If not reuild your database.

How to rebuild your database
https://www.androidcentral.com/how-make-your-playstation-4-faster-database-rebuild
Power off your PlayStation 4 and do not use rest mode.
Hold the power button down until you hear two quick beeps. This will alert you that you have entered Safe Mode.

Safe mode screen
Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your USB-A slot in the front of the PlayStation 4.
Scroll down in the menu until you reach option 5, Rebuild Database.

Rebuild screen
Press the X button to start the rebuild.
Message 22 of 27 (306 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 University Download Error

★ Guide
@iBossDiva Try a database rebuild or remove external drives-> turn off power-> unplug your console's power cord from the console not the wall-> wait 3 minutes-> plug back in-> turn back on. This worked for me.

My console didn't even think I owned the DLC before & now it is installed & working. Good luck.
Message 23 of 27 (285 Views)

★ Novice

It’s kinda ridiculous but I just randomly looked in game and found the icon lit up. All I did at that point was wait and it showed up finally so maybe for some us patience will work out. But you all do what you gotta do. Thanks for the help Standard smile

Message 24 of 27 (296 Views)

Re: Discover university

Hero
@Lilxbooto There was an issue yesterday but it should be working now.

Are you still having issues ?

I moved this to the console forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 27 (293 Views)

Re: Discovery university PS4

Community Manager

Hello, @dmoua209.

Can you try restoring the licenses with the steps here: http://bit.ly/PS4LicenseRestore? Let me know how it goes. Thank you Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 27 of 27 (283 Views)