[FIXED][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Please Patch your game to 1.34 to correct the crashing issue.

Please ONLY post about the crashing in this thread. For any other issue, please read this thread [Read First][Current Issues] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.33 (Nov 10 Update)

SimGuruNick Tweet regarding this issue.

These crashes can happen randomly, and are not reproducible. Please always submit a video, a note and a crash report when the game crashes using the PS4 Report Tool on your console.

If the crash is specific, and you can reproduce it, please post a bug report in the bug forums.

Please also be sure to read this post [Read First][Current Issues] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.33 (Nov 10 Update)

This is a new crash for PS4 users as of this patch 1.33.

The following is general troubleshooting, and most likely will not help with this specific issue. 

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

Spoiler
  • Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

Spoiler
  • Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

Spoiler

Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

Select a game or application.

Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 13 of 482 (50,981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Current Issue][PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello all.

We just released a patch (Version 1.34) on PS4 and XBOX One to fix many of the crashing issues being experienced.

Please update your game and give it a try.  If you're still running into random crashes, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 471 of 482 (12,847 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Game has crashed 3 times for me on PS4 pro in the past hour after the latest update. It's unplayable, I boot up the game load up my household, my console sounds like it's about to explode then it crashes.

Been playing the game for the past few days after buying get famous, no issues other than its usual laggy and unresponsive performance issues. New patch dropped, I downloaded it and then the crashing happened. I can't play the game at all now after wasting my money on get famous.

Yous really need to get your priorities straight, another expansion pack and some daft skin tone sliders when the game is STILL plagued with bugs and performance issues. I've spent a fortune on this garbage!

Message 1 of 482 (50,993 Views)

[PS4] Sims 4 Crashes (Patch 1.33)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going on a date and it just crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? As above
What do you expect to see? I was asked out on a date and in the middle of the date it just crashed and gave an error
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 2 of 482 (51,108 Views)

Re: New update crashing sims 4

★★★★ Pro
@rosso359 There seems to be a general problem with random crashing. After the first start my game (on PC) also crashed to desktop after 3 minutes. Players on the forum reported this as well.
Message 3 of 482 (51,078 Views)

Hero
Crashing issues should always be posted for the respective platform.

Preferably in the tech section
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Best not to mix plaforms.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 482 (51,083 Views)

Re: [XB1] Game crashes

★ Guide
@helenajade863 I can't even play the game on PS4 after this latest update, crashed 3 times in the space of an hour and I've only just downloaded it XD
Message 5 of 482 (51,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm getting this too, and I'm also on PS4. Since I downloaded the patch, my game had crashed three times. I haven't even been able to PLAY yet because of this. I know to expect that every patch will break things, but this crashing issue is making the game unplayable.

Message 6 of 482 (51,097 Views)

★ Guide

Same here, crashed 3 times in one hour on PS4 after installing update, going through the arduous process of reinstalling the game and all the dlc to go for my 4th attempt, not holding my breath though.

Message 7 of 482 (51,079 Views)

Latest Patch update causes game to crash (PS4)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP05:1.assets.live-ep05.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Luxury Party Stuff, Realm of Magic & Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play gameplay. I have found there is no specific trigger after running through multiple save games / game play options.
What happens when the bug occurs? During usual gameplay game freezes, crashes and error code (CE-34878-0) pops up. I am then asked to close the game
What do you expect to see? I expect to play my game without it crashing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, installed today 10th November at 18:40, finished by 19:00 first glitch occurred at 19:08

Image of the error message that appears on PS4 after game crashes

Message 8 of 482 (51,083 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Guide

Same issue on PS4. Crashed 3 times in one hour after update

Message 9 of 482 (52,213 Views)