Crashing

by Madeline12989

Original Post

Re: Crashing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello 🙂

Yep, everything is updated, and it’s set as my primary PS4.

Since I reported at least 5 crashes in past 24hrs or so I can give you a small update.  It doesn’t just crash during  travel (like try traveling to club meeting, date, to work, to another world etc), it crashes on any loading screen within game (like loading plan outfits for example). Also, with new Moschino pack while taking photos there’s a slight lag right after it (or sometimes crash) and I can clearly hear PS4 struggling (hard drive). And it all started with last PS4 patch. Also lost millions of simoleons while going in and out of CAS and entire year worth of saves. And one of my worlds is completly unusable (Brindleton bay) - in sense of people coming without pets to vet clinic and dancing all day around stereo, sims living there freezing to death from swimming (not close to water) etc. But crashes make game total waste of time (I should know, I’m on it for 8+ hrs a day lol). 

Other games work no problem. And before this I had just a standard set of Dine out and Island living bugs like everyone else.

Message 11 of 28 (1,002 Views)

★ Guide

Having the same issues and I’ve seen a lot of console players report the same crashing issues as well so I’m hoping there can be a solution. I don’t think there is anything else that players can do on their end to fix it. I’ve tried everything from clearing the cache, deleting saves, deleting lots, rebuilding the PS4 database, unchecking the send usage reports box in the options,  reporting each crash the PS4 when they happen all suggestions and it crashes at every travel, exiting to manage worlds, exiting the game & multiple times...it’s very very unplayable sims can’t manage their retail stores or restaurants  or go to active careers or the game will crash also-I also have no issues with any PS4 games, all updates to the system software, plenty of system memory etc...

Message 12 of 28 (986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game is crashing everytime I travel as well. Sometimes randomly. I have all packs. I have been playing 2 years. The crashing started after the last patch in August! 

Message 13 of 28 (964 Views)

★★★★ Novice
In fact, my game JUST crashed while "chatting with a sim" on the phone. This is getting ridiculous. I have lost an unbelievable amount of played hours because of crashing.
Message 14 of 28 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a quick update.

I’ve managed to go through night with just one crash, which I reported (going to manage world to switch between households). 

I noticed that I’m doing fine (if we can call this situation so) if I am playing one household, not leaving lot whatsoever and saving frequently. Which gets old fast.

BUT... I did not crash once when I started building. For example, I just got Get famous and I’m rebuilding lots on bulevard. I can go to manage worlds as much as I want there. Meaning just to build, no sims or household on lots. Saving works fine like that too

Message 15 of 28 (941 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @Shadowfax1004.

Thanks for getting back to me on how it went. I apologize for the wait.

If you'd like for us to try a bit more troubleshooting, we can also try rebuilding the PS4 database. To do that, please run through the following:

1. Back up your game saves. You'll also want to ensure you know your PSN ID password before continuing.
  2. Boot up your PS4 in Safe Mode.
  3. In safe mode, choose the option to rebuild your database. Although it shouldn't delete any data, it can take some time to complete.
  4. Once complete, select the option to restart the PS4 normally.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 16 of 28 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai You’re a lifesaver 😍

It works for now, managed to travel few times in a row no crashing.

Tho all my retail, restaurant and vet workers died in a meantime 😂 And my 2 months file save is now whopping 400+ MB (140 each gallery, one save game and autosave). That’s crazy bloated. The year old one that disappeared when this all started was about 30.

I’ll keep you updated. Thank you so much
Message 17 of 28 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai Nope, sorry. Worked for a day then started lagging badly and finally started crashing again whenever I click manage worlds. Weirly enough, travelling to venues still works. I’ll keep reporting it on PS whenever it crashes
Message 18 of 28 (865 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Shadowfax1004. Thanks for the updates, and I apologize for the wait.

I took a look into a few things, as you mentioned your concern over the size of the save. The save size you see on your PlayStation 4 may not accurately represent how large your save games are for The Sims 4. This is due to the PlayStation 4 save system reserving space for The Sims 4 saves.

As for the lagging and crashing, could you try a brand new save to see how it runs? I'd like to see how a fresh save works with travel and world management, if you could.

Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 19 of 28 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai It’s still doing it. Totally random. Works for a while (I could travel, manage worlds etc), then crashes entering CAS to create uniforms or during saving. It’s also mixing households. Like when it crashes, I have to restart a game and one of my saves says last played household Thompson but displays picture of Caleb Vatore and his wifey (Thompson was one of my households that I put in unplayed households over a month ago).

I’m really hoping we’ll get updates PC got (so far we’re 3 behind). Can’t use restaurants because random sims steal my sim’s food and to add a cherry on top, most of waiters are vampires and keep attacking customers or serving food in bat form lol. And Straud is a chief of police so that’s a no too 😂

All jokes aside, I’m old enough to be playing almost daily since Sims 1, never had so much issues as with Sims 4 (and I own both PC and console ones). Sad. Luckily I’m mostly a builder so I can enjoy it anyway, but exploring gameplay without crashing or so many bugs would be nice too
Message 20 of 28 (780 Views)