Re: Crashing

by Shadowfax1004

Original Post

Crashing

★★★ Novice

I just downloaded 2 new stuff packs and everything was good until a couple hours ago. My sims game kept crashing every time I tried traveling anywhere and now it just crashing every 5 mins. I uninstalled, reinstalled, did the complete reset on my xbox one and it’s still crashing. Help! 

Message 1 of 28 (1,378 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Madeline12989.

Crashing's no fun. Let's try power-cycling your Xbox. To do that, just shut down the Xbox completely, and then unplug it for 1-2 minutes. Once that's done, please try loading it up and giving it another try.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 28 (1,352 Views)

★★★ Novice

I power cycled my Xbox 4 times after reinstalling and installing it all again. Which takes forever because I have almost every pack. I’ve never had issues like this til buying the last pack I just got which was toddler stuff. Just want to play! Been 3 days now and same issue. I can’t even save the game now let alone travel, I play for 5 mins and the second I try to save it crashes. Frown 

Message 3 of 28 (1,340 Views)

Hey there, @Madeline12989. I sincerely apologize for missing your response here. Let's see if we can track this down if the issue is persisting for you.

Could you try ensuring "Share User Data" is turned off in your settings and let me know how that goes for you?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 28 (1,269 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've noticed lately that when my Sim uses the phone to travel somewhere, the spinning logo appears on-screen and after a while before it gets to the World Map, the game crashes. Last night, my Sim Janet used the phone to travel but before it got to the World Map, it crashed. My Sim Mei went to travel somewhere using her phone but before it got the Map, it crashed.

Playing on PS4.

Message 5 of 28 (1,256 Views)

Hey there, @adamclark83.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty traveling, as well. Have you tried the power-cycle troubleshooting I outlined above yet?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 6 of 28 (1,225 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai No I haven't but would that fix the problem if the game is notorious for crashing?
Message 7 of 28 (1,212 Views)

Hey there, @adamclark83. While there are sometimes issues that aren't one-size-fits-all, power cycling has helped many people. It helps clear the cache of the console, so if the crash is memory related, it can alleviate or resolve the issue.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 8 of 28 (1,187 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai I can confirm that on PS4 pro power cycling, restarting multiple times etc does not work sadly
Message 9 of 28 (1,168 Views)

Hey there, @Shadowfax1004.

Thanks for the information. Let's try a few more things.

If you're still having difficulty after verifying those, please let me know as there's some additional troubleshooting we can still try that may be a bit more time-intensive.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 10 of 28 (1,148 Views)