Re: Controls not working in Build/Buy (XBOX)

by Lanara2343

Original Post

sims4 buildmode mess up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

on sims4 when i go into build mode on an xbox one it wont let me go on the second floor , i don’t know if it’s my controller or not ..

Message 241 of 372 (618 Views)

Re: Can’t go up or down freely

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for this! It worked perfectly!

Message 242 of 372 (727 Views)

Re: [XB/PS][Need Saves] Can't raise or Lower walls, use D-Pad Patch 1.39

★ Novice

This worked for me! Thank you!

Message 243 of 372 (709 Views)

cant raise or lower walls or go up and down levels

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Console: Version 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all ep apart from snowy escape, get to work, island living parenthood, realm of magic, paranormal, laundry day,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, occurs often but not always
What happens when the bug occurs? the walls in live mode and build mode cannot be put down or up also cannot go up and down floors
What do you expect to see? to be able to put walls up and down and to be able to go up and down floors using the d pad
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

walls get stuck, 

cannot move up or down levels

Message 244 of 372 (722 Views)

Cants raise or lower floors or walls

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.6.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to simply go to either floors using controller
What happens when the bug occurs? You cant switch from top or bottom floors or make walls appear
What do you expect to see? I should be able to go top floor buttoned on my controller
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I cant seem to switch floors after july update with ponds, didnt experience this before the update, I can live with it until a patch,  but still an inconvenience 

Message 245 of 372 (722 Views)

Re: Can’t go up or down freely

★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper tried that. Did not work. Still persisted. EA need to patch properly. Not rush it out. Actually LOOK and fix. This happened for the last 3 patches. Same DPAD malfunction. I'm beyond aggressive. If I was boss man I would be firing the bug team and having them blacklisted
Message 246 of 372 (686 Views)

Cannot move up or down a floor

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get to work. Journey to Batuu, realm of magic, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out, spa day. My first pet, vintage glamour, movie hang out, spooky, cool kitchen, luxury party, and the free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me i just go into a ga m.j e and try to put the walls down, and nothing works. Then i try to move my view to the second floor, and still nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unfortunately it completely stops me from being anywhere but the first floor with the half walls up.
What do you expect to see? I wish this bug would be fixed so I can build 2nd levels on some of my games.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In several of my games, I have experienced the inability to put the walls down or put them up, and go up or down a level. It is extremely frustrating because I can only be on one level with the half walls up. This has happened in a couple of games, but most recently it happened in the cottage living pack world. I haven't been able to play the pack yet, because unfortunately I can't build above the first level. I hope we can find a solution to this problem. Thanks a lot!

Message 247 of 372 (680 Views)

Controls not working in Build/Buy (XBOX)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have bought and installed the new cottage living pack today however, in build/buy when I hit the arrows on the D-Pad to go up/down levels or minimise my walls they do not work. 

The D-Pad does work in CAS, on the main Sims 4 menu and I also tested it on a different game that I have on my Xbox. My game is also up-to-date with any patches etc.

I also tried in a different town incase it was a bug with the Cottage Living pack & I have also tried restarting my Xbox. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or have a fix for it at all? 

Message 248 of 372 (599 Views)

★ Apprentice
@leighmx7 I've had most of these issues as well, as well as the button for finding a gig in The Sims panel not working though it works from the computer and the phone and also in build mode you can't rotate buildings or rooms
Message 249 of 372 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

Same on PS4 :/ 

Message 250 of 372 (563 Views)