Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles (Outdated as of February 2023)

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles

★ Novice

Hi, i know that on a PC i can select 'alt' when adjusting the roof hight to have a smoother flow, is this possible on the console version?

Also holding 'shift' when adding objects to save time and placing multiple items. 

Message 51 of 75 (2,661 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@biltongkane The advanced roof controls for Console, as far as I understand, only work with a keyboard and mouse not the controller.

For placing multiple copies of most things when purchasing, hold down the Y(XB1) / Triangle (PS4).
Message 52 of 75 (2,638 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there any way to bring up the extra roof manipulation points that pc players have access to when they click control shift C while a roof is selected? ( the extra white spheres on the roofs) on PS4 because I can’t figure out how to get the extra roof manipulation points to show up, on several roofs there are only one or two spheres max by default. Please help. 

Message 53 of 75 (2,534 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@BrittVW2020 Please see my above post #52
Message 54 of 75 (2,527 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. How do you left click on Xbox?
Message 55 of 75 (2,401 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SlewedPuma55845 The first post in this thread has detailed controls listed. If that doesn't help, what exactly are you trying to do?
Message 56 of 75 (2,391 Views)

Build Mode Search Bar

★★★ Newbie

While in build mode on the Xbox One, the search bar always pops up when I click LT. It gets in the way of whatever I'm building and makes some of the in-game cheats useless. I can't concentrate on what I'm building when the search bar pops up every 2 seconds. I want answers on how I can get this search bar to stop popping up. I've exited out of the game, restarted the Xbox, even stepped away from the game for several house. Nothing has helped though 

Message 57 of 75 (2,315 Views)

Re: Build Mode Search Bar

Hero (Retired)
@smolbean_chim I've merged your post into the controls thread for console. The LT is the search bar control, so it will always bring up the search bar when you press it if you are in a selection menu in build mode.

Please see the first post in this thread for all console controls.
Message 58 of 75 (2,302 Views)

Camera lock to Sim

★ Novice

Hi I’d like to lock the camera onto the Sims so I don’t have to keep pressing my sim to follow, I know on pc I’d just right click their portrait but how do I do that on console?

Message 59 of 75 (2,242 Views)

Re: Camera lock to Sim

★★★★ Novice
@simonelovesyou I know on XBox One if you click down on the right stick, it will lock on to the Sim you have selected...
Message 60 of 75 (2,221 Views)