Cannot connect to gallery on PS4

by bc0414sc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to gallery on PS4

★★★ Apprentice

Having a problem connecting to the gallery on the PS4 version of The Sims 4. It says my EA account is linked but when going to the gallery, it says a connection is required. I click connect and it pops up a box saying "attempting to connect" that will stay there until I give up. Tried restarting the application and I have to link my EA account again. Autoconnect box is checked in the game options menu. Not sure if this is an EA problem or if anyone else is having issues with this.

Message 1 of 10 (967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect to gallery on PS4

Community Manager

Hi there, @bc0414sc.

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (915 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @bc0414sc.

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (916 Views)

★★ Novice

Also currently having the same issue but it may just be a coincidence, load up TS4 on PS4, it then gives me a notification saying how it 'Cannot connect to the server, so network features will be unavailable' - tried resetting my router and everything

Message 3 of 10 (901 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @hunnipeach.

So far, I'm not aware of any issues, but I'm trying to find out if anything's going on. Something you should try though is restoring the licenses by going to (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses]. Also, it would be good to rebuild the database with these instructions

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 10 (887 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Resetting the router and doing a cold startup of the PS4 after the reset seemed to have fixed the issue. 

Message 5 of 10 (880 Views)

Community Manager

@bc0414sc 

Great! Glad to hear that worked. If you have any other issues, please let us know. Happy Simming Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 10 (868 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, this started last week and no matter what I do, it won't connect. 

Message 7 of 10 (722 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @amandade1 

What system are you playing on and what have you tried so far? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 10 (714 Views)

★★ Novice

Ps4, retarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting again 

Message 9 of 10 (710 Views)

Community Manager

@amandade1 

What steps are you taking for restarting both your console and network?

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 10 (707 Views)