Re: Can't use on screen keyboard

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't use on screen keyboard

★★★★★ Apprentice

Whenever I try to type something in-game(Naming a build/sim, or trying to cheat) the on screen keyboard won't pop up. The text cursor is flashing in the text bar but I can't type. I got out of the game to make sure it wasn't the console, but the keyboard works fine outside of the game.

Message 1 of 5 (3,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@michelle_renee86 Can you try hitting the PS button and returning to the home screen, then press the PS button to enter the game again and see if it appears.

You may want to try shutting down your console by pressing the power button on the front for at least 7 seconds until it beeps and powers off. Wait until the light bar stops flashing before turning it on again. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,563 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@michelle_renee86 Can you try hitting the PS button and returning to the home screen, then press the PS button to enter the game again and see if it appears.

You may want to try shutting down your console by pressing the power button on the front for at least 7 seconds until it beeps and powers off. Wait until the light bar stops flashing before turning it on again. 

Message 2 of 5 (3,564 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm away from the console right now but I will try it and let you know if it worked.

Message 3 of 5 (3,544 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It worked, thanks.🤗

Message 4 of 5 (3,526 Views)

★ Guide

It worked for me too, plus it fixed a couple other issues! Thanks for the help. I have the Xbox version. So I unplugged the power & waited a few seconds then powered it on. When I started the game back up it worked 

Message 5 of 5 (3,451 Views)