Re: Can't save Sims 4

by Sikfrog4

Original Post

Can't save Sims 4

★ Novice

Hi. I'm playing on Xbox One and can't save my game due to a Sim ageing up. But, the last time a Sim aged up was 2 Sim days ago and none of my other Sims are close to ageing up. This has happened two or three times now and I keep having to quit to menu and losing hours of gameplay each time. I've tried going into game options and out again, turning off ageing and changing life span, but nothing makes a difference. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,268 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sikfrog4 power cycle you console that will clear some cache let me know if this works with you save 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 2 of 8 (1,250 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for replying, but if I do that I'll still lose the hours of game play since my last save which is the main issue. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,241 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@try to save 5 to 10 minutes into the game, for example move an item around and see if it save 

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 4 of 8 (1,220 Views)

★ Apprentice

I keep getting this happen too. I lost over two hours yesterday. have you tried aging a SIM up? that apparently can clear it too. it's a very annoying bug.

Message 5 of 8 (1,195 Views)

★ Novice

@Sassi666 wrote:

I keep getting this happen too. I lost over two hours yesterday. have you tried aging a SIM up? that apparently can clear it too. it's a very annoying bug.

How would I do this without cheating? I'm trying to get a legacy achievement and I won't get that if I use a cheat

Message 6 of 8 (1,184 Views)

★ Novice

@samurai_manny wrote:

@try to save 5 to 10 minutes into the game, for example move an item around and see if it save 

Best regards!

Manny

I'll try that whenever I play from now on and accept it as a solution in a couple of weeks if it doesn't happen again.

Message 7 of 8 (1,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know the rules of the legacy challenge, I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and you are allowed to age sims up when they reach certain set milestones. You don't need to cheat to do it, you just bake a cake and put candles on it and have them blow it ut. However, if this is against the rules of the legacy challenge then it won't work for you. 

I had this happen again today. Luckily I'd only saved about ten minutes before.

Message 8 of 8 (1,155 Views)