Re: Can’t load since last update

by Khaleesi_10-30

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 Stuck on Loading Screen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Ever since the last PS4 update I get to the plumbob load screen, it goes about a quarter of the way across and just stays there. Forever. Like I’ve left to do things and over an hour later still stuck. I have already renewed licenses, restarted and unplugged. I deleted and reinstalled which solved the problem at first, but once I played again it happened again. This started happening immediately after the update on Feb 12. On Feb 9 I bought Tiny Living, Realm of Magic and Island Life. I had played after purchasing fine. I have also deleted data. I’ve been playing for a few years on PS4 now and all my data is gone and I just shelled out money for 3 new packs. This sucks. Any help or ideas? Thanks. 

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Adjusted title for search purposes.

Message 1 of 3 (523 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Khaleesi_10-30 Check to see that your controller isn't getting disconnected for some reason. You can even reset your controller and plug it back in to your console to resync it.

Can you try to restore the licenses on your console.

1. Log into the PS4 with your local user.
  2. From the PS4 home screen go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences].
  3. Select [Restore].
  4. Try to launch or download the content again.

You can also try to rebuild your database.

1. Turn off the PS4 system by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the PS4 system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep: one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
  3. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller
  4. Select Rebuild Database

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (495 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Khaleesi_10-30 Check to see that your controller isn't getting disconnected for some reason. You can even reset your controller and plug it back in to your console to resync it.

Can you try to restore the licenses on your console.

1. Log into the PS4 with your local user.
  2. From the PS4 home screen go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences].
  3. Select [Restore].
  4. Try to launch or download the content again.

You can also try to rebuild your database.

1. Turn off the PS4 system by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the PS4 system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep: one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
  3. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller
  4. Select Rebuild Database

Message 2 of 3 (496 Views)

★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper Rebuilding the database did it!! I got answers from EAhelp and all over and that’s the first time it was suggested. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Message 3 of 3 (464 Views)