Re: Can't get the game to work

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get the game to work - The disc is dirty or damaged (Xbox)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought a copy of The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition for Xbox One. I got it home and put it in but it won't download in the system. I get a message saying "the disc is dirty or damaged" so I took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for another game disc but still got the same thing. I can't find a "contact us" button on neither the EA website not The Sims website. Anyone in here know whats going on with this? I've tried to uninstall the game from my system then put the disc back in and start over, I've tried that for an hour with both discs, but still got the same result. Gamestop won't give me a refund even with the receipt so I feel like I just wasted $60.

Message 1 of 10 (21,157 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
It works now. I had to insert the disc into the system then go to the store to install it. The rest of my games worked perfectly, it was just TS4 that I had to go that route with

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (25,941 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @BaddMan469,

Let's try to find out what's going wrong, ok?

Do you have another game disc for your Xbox One? Could you try to insert another disc in your console, and check if that one works? You could also try to use your The Sims 4 disc in another Xbox, if you have that option.

This way we will find out if the problem is the disc itself, or your console is not reading it for some reason, and we can try different things depending on the situation.

This article by Microsoft might help: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/disc-error Wink

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (20,993 Views)

★★★ Novice
It works now. I had to insert the disc into the system then go to the store to install it. The rest of my games worked perfectly, it was just TS4 that I had to go that route with
Message 3 of 10 (25,942 Views)

EA app Team

Glad you found a solution, @BaddMan469! Thanks for sharing it with everyone Standard smile

Message 4 of 10 (20,982 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hey I cannot get this game to work. How do u download it? This is the 3rd disc I got and it doesn’t work
Message 5 of 10 (20,598 Views)

★★★ Novice
Put the game disc in, go to the Xbox store, search TS4 and it should give you the ootions download and buy, select download and it should start going
Message 6 of 10 (20,586 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Where is the download button? I can only buy or play. My other disc are working except ts4 I’ve hit play from the store nothing hard reset nothing launching from app nothing.. read about ppl uninstalling and reset system and still doesn’t work.: everytime I want to pay ts4 I have to fight with the system now it’s not even launching at all
Message 7 of 10 (17,827 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same, solution?
Message 8 of 10 (16,828 Views)

★★★ Novice

The "download" button was beside the "buy" button on my system. Maybe it will give you that option if you click buy? I'm probably wrong but it may work.

Message 9 of 10 (16,660 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It then wants to charge my card on file 

Message 10 of 10 (16,650 Views)