Re: Can't connect to gallery on PS4

by hbarnes1510

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to gallery on PS4

★★ Novice

Hi, I am having some issues with connecting to the gallery since the latest update. I am playing on PS4. Last night and all of yesterday, I could connect no problem and place lots/see everything on the gallery without any issues. I opened the game today and I cannot connect to the gallery at all. When I try, it asks me do I want to "stay offline" or connect to the internet. I click "connect" and then get a never ending loading box telling me that the game is "attempting to connect", but never does. My PS4 itself is connected to the internet and it works on other games, just not Sims 4. I also have the box checked for "Online Features Access" in Options. 

Please help!

Message 1 of 50 (23,074 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Marking as Solution for Visibility

Hi everyone,

There was an issue yesterday around the time of your posts, and the Gallery amongst other EA services were affected.

Good news is that you should be able to connect as normal now - if that's not the case, please, check if there's a yellow banner on the top of this site with information. Nothing? Then please open a new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

Thanks,
-Mai

View in thread

Message 50 of 50 (22,889 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue here. Its been on and off like this for a few days. My Internet is working fine but this problem persists. 

Message 2 of 50 (23,038 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dankerorchid @peppermintskye  Does it connect if you shut the game down and then reload it? 

You can check https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en in the stickied messages at the top for gallery maintenance notifications. There has been a lot of users with your same issue so hopefully it's being looked into.

You can also check this thread here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Can-t-Upload-to-or-Download-From-Gallery/m-p... for other gallery issues.

Message 3 of 50 (23,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for your suggestion! After restarting my ps4 completely 3 times, it finally works! Hopefully it won't happen again but I will be sure to check the thread you linked if it does.

Message 4 of 50 (23,026 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've shut the game down three times and turned console off, it didn't help. 

Message 5 of 50 (23,006 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@peppermintskye  There's been several people on PC and console saying they can't connect. There's probably an issue server side and not much you can do about it except wait and keep trying.

Message 6 of 50 (22,968 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have had same problem a few times,, it's not my internet that's brilliant , I re started ps4 and my internet 4 times,, and still says attempting to connect,  if this problem persists I will most definitely stop using the gallery,  it's not good that you re start everything 4 times and still doesnt connect,,  so yes unfortunately I will definitely stop uploading to gallery,  sad because it's great,,   but I can't be doing this all the time,, or I won't be in the mood to play my game,, Standard smile 

Message 7 of 50 (22,910 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly when it happend other day,, and after 2 times re starting everything it worked fine,, but this morning it happened again 4 times I re started everything,  and now it's still doing it,, getting rediculse now,,, shouldn't have to keep re starting everything it takes long enough to load game on has it is,,, Standard smile it's a shame because the gallery is great , but if this keeps happening I wont be using the gallery again,  Standard smile 

Message 8 of 50 (22,906 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reports! We had a maintenance on the Gallery yesterday to address some connection issues, and we think these should be resolved now.

Please, let us know if you are still unable to connect today.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 9 of 50 (22,880 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Still not working. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. 

Message 10 of 50 (22,830 Views)