[FIXED] Save Error 22

by vangoghtowork

Original Post

Re: Error code 22

★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happened to me suddenly last April, nothing have worked when it comes to fixing the issue. I've deleted everything in my gallery, I've deleted all of my saves that took forever to personalise, I've taken and used the advice that is presented on this forum & elsewhere yet here I am, almost a year later, unable to play a game I've invested so much money into. It's such a shame that us as customers have to deal with these kind of issues, it's not an 'our' problem, it's an EA problem, they're the ones who should be issuing either refunds or fixes for this bug specifically. I really hope you're able to fix the issue, sending positivity as I know how frustrating this problem is. 

Message 401 of 449 (1,095 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Still Won’t Save After 07/23 Update!!

★★★ Apprentice

Agree 100%. This issue isn't taken seriously & all of the advice given doesn't work, refunds should be issues for players who cannot play the game at all due to this problem. I advise anybody contemplating buying The Sims 4 to not even bother, it's a waste of money, time & energy. Such a disappointment.

Message 402 of 449 (1,095 Views)

Sims 4 error 22 on xbox one

★★★ Novice

Error 22 code has been a problem for two months now. I'm playing sims 4 on xbox one. I've searched on so many platforms on how to fix it. I honestly believe there's nothing I can do but to give up on this game.  My money has been wasted on expansion packs . I just got new ones and I can't play. The error code comes up when I try to travel , build mode , or just playing in general.  So until sims fixes this without stressing customers with the same old advice then I'll have to put it away. 

Message 403 of 449 (1,095 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error 22 on xbox one

Hero (Retired)

@moneac94 I've merged your post into the error code 22 thread, please read the help post here XB1 Error Code 22.

Message 404 of 449 (1,079 Views)

xbox not letting me save

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, StrangerVille, Vintage Glamour, My First Pet Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Moschino, Digital Deluxe Upgrade, Country Kitchen, Bust the Dust, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. but it happens when loading or saving things.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to save my game or save something to my gallery it either says "Game failed to Save. Please exit to the Main Menu and then select Play to reload the game. Error code: 22" or if I'm trying to save something to my library it will say "failed to save lot/household to your library".
What do you expect to see? My game to save and load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it was the Paranormal update.

No matter what I do it won't save. I've installed the game and reinstalled it and deleted all my save games but nothing fixes it. I've checked my Xbox storage for the games used space and it says there's a lot of room. But if my Xbox is just wrong and there isn't that much room how do I get more room if that's one of the only ten small games on my Xbox. I deleted a bunch of games but that didn't do anything. I have over 10 GB of space on my Xbox.

Message 405 of 449 (953 Views)

Sims 4 error code 22 makes the game 100% unplayable

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? The most recent version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Get To Work, Magic Realm, Spooky Stuff, Vampires, + a few smaller packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By allowing users to save the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Error code 22, game does not save, deletes whichever save file attempted to overwrite
What do you expect to see? Sims 4 with a save game feature
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Simply put, I don't know why there would be a feature installed into the Sims 4 that blocks saving.

This error code 22 is unbelievable. Almost three years of progress gone, because the game decided it no longer wants to save. No recent updates, no changes, I've followed every single step in every single help forum and NOTHING WORKS.

I can't believe such a fatal error can be overlooked. I would expect this out of first-year game dev students but not a multi-million dollar company. 

How is it that there's an error that PREVENTS users from SAVING THE GAME, one of the most BASIC features of a video game post-2001? 

I've spent days going over this now. There's no fix, there's nothing that will get my save files back, and there's no way to create a new save file because it just gives me an error code 22.

I used to be so passionate about this game. I used to play as often as I possibly could, despite the flaws that keep popping up with it, which to my own experience weren't all that game-breaking until error code 22.

I've run myself ragged trying to figure this out and there's nothing I can do. And I can't imagine how EA/Maxis haven't patched this out yet.

I'm just not sure. I don't want to, but I really think I should pursue a refund. I've spent so much money on this game and now I can't play it even a little bit. 
I just wish I could play the Sims again. But maybe it's best that someone explain to me how to approach getting a refund for this game and all of the expansions, I can't keep stressing over this. I'm already overstressed due to other circumstances in life and I need a new, therapeutic game that is calming rather than one that stresses me to the point of stomach illness.

Message 406 of 449 (953 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error code 22 makes the game 100% unplayable

Hero (Retired)

@Broken_SimDreams @ExpiredParty I've merged your posts into the Error Code 22 Thread. 

A major issue happened with the November 2020 patch that caused saves to fill and could have caused Error Code 22. Please make sure this is not your issue first. An info thread is here for that issue. Game Freezing, Endless Loading, Failure to Save, General XBox Crashing. 

For Error Code 22 Itself, the help and info post in this thread is here: Error Code 22, What it means and Troubleshooting. 

Those two posts have a lot of information in them. Please take the time to read through them.

Message 407 of 449 (904 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, Broken_Sim! The error 22 started for me last Thursday. Playing is worthless without being able to save. Like you, I tried all the so-called "fixes" but NONE work. I scoured Twitter, message boards, fan pages & YouTube for 5 days & no solution anywhere. I was hoping things would be ok after the update today, but of course not. All the $$$ I've spent on this game & I can't even use it! 

Message 408 of 449 (850 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would also add this fix:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/sims-4-error-code-22/bc44f323-783c-4fc4-a82b... 

Go down to the post by  Joe BrownsProperty & follow the steps exactly. It worked for me. I didn't even have to delete too much in my gallery. Only about 10 or so things. 

Message 409 of 449 (818 Views)

Cannot save on xbox

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, seasons, cats and dogs, spooky stuff pack, university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I get an error 22 message anytime i try to save the game and then it kicks me off the game or to the world selection
What do you expect to see? I expect my game to save
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent update

I reached out to sims, they seen the issues but ignored it :\. I cannot save my game or lots/rooms and even in CAS it's a 50/50 chance a sim will save. If i try to save it kicks me off the lot and back to world selection. Sometimes it'll kick me back to the actual game menu and i can still hear my sims doing stuff despite me not even playing a save file. 

Message 410 of 449 (713 Views)