Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Still Won’t Save After 07/23 Update!!

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@doggonemess Okay. If she doesn't have a bunch of houses or Sims downloaded from the Gallery and her saves are very small and she's experiencing this error code, she may actually be experiencing the bug.

I linked this above, but it is the marked solution post for this thread Error code 22, what it means and troubleshooting. I have linked the most recent troubleshooting SimQARobo Troubleshooting. If you haven't, you can try doing the troubleshooting by SimQARobo.

Message 321 of 449 (633 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper Thanks! We'll try that out and see what we find.
Message 322 of 449 (626 Views)

Broken game. Error Code 22

★★★ Newbie

I am looking for some help. I keep getting "Error Code 22" messages and currently all of my game saves are worthless. It 1st occurred after the Eco Living update. Buggy things started happening and finally the game cursor disappeared and left me no option but to reload the game and then the error code madness began. It not only effected the most current save but all older saves for the same characters. I looked at the forums and tried everything suggested. I did a hard system reboot, cleared the cache, deleted the game and reloaded it and all of the game packs I have purchased. Nothing worked, so I waited and hoped for a new update. While I waited I began a new character and invested alot of hours and it too started returning Error Code 22 after the game cursor did a disappearing act again. Again all related character saves do not work either.. Being a glutton for punishment I started another new character and spent several hours building it up and now a new update arrives and this character too has stopped working. What the heck. Is there anything else to try? When the 1st crashes occurred near the Eco update I thought maybe I just needed the game pack and everything would be fine. Nope. I just ended up putting more money into an unplayable game...unless someone can help/

Message 323 of 449 (975 Views)

Re: Broken game. Error Code 22

Hero (Retired)

@ace1holio I've merged your report with the thread for this issue. Please read and do the troubleshooting in the marked post here Error Code 22. What this Code Means and Troubleshooting.

Message 324 of 449 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A BIG thank you to PoptartJuniper. I had not seen reference to the clearing memory solution in my previous searches. This has appeared to have made my game playable again. I cleared the game data first and then went thru the "My Library" Tab and cleaned out alot of stuff. I waste alot of time editing characters that I do not even play (control freak:P) and cleared out some of them as well as alot of characters that were not of my creation and have no idea why they were there. I don't have any creations downloaded from others. I simply make my own. Again, PoptartJuniper, thank you for responding.

On a related note, can you tell me about how the My Library tab populates? I saw a bunch of buildings in there as well that are not my creations. Are these from DLC I have purchased? Can I hurt a game if I delete these? I would assume essential assets would be protected but I didn't want to delete a home and find I have screwed up a game because an NPC was living there.

Message 325 of 449 (888 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@ace1holio Wonderful! Glad that helped you! The Sims and Library houses that are not yours ship with the base game and DLC. Some were added by patches before the console had online gallery access. If you do not want them, there is no harm in deleting them. They can all be re-downloaded from the online gallery at any time.
Message 326 of 449 (856 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm still having this issue. I've had this issue since the update that came with the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack release.

I cannot stress enough that my game has worked perfectly for the years that I have had it. I've never had any errors & saving/loading has never been an issue for me personally.

I had no problems until that specific update. The updates following have stopped me from receiving error code 134 & another, but I receive error code 22 & error code 122 all the time.

I don't use mods, downloading from the gallery & saving to the gallery isn't an issue. I have deleted so many things from my gallery in an attempt to get my game to work, I've had a few successful days of gameplay in the past few months. I've gotten somewhere, but my sessions, regardless of how normal they were always end in error code 22.

I have contacted EA multiple times on Twitter and there's nothing else I can do & I've seen other who are still struggling with the issue. It sucks as I've lost numerous saved games because of this & for me, it seems saving while building on a lot triggers the error quite a lot & it ends up disrupting my entire game & automatically deletes the most recent save.

I'm sincerely hoping this issue is fixed, I've spent so much money on this game, I adore it & I haven't been able to play it properly for so long. I've uninstalled/reinstalled so many times & the suggestions I'm getting about deleting everything from the gallery/those that have been downloaded onto lots is sad as I've never had an issue regarding any of that up until a few months ago due to an update & why should I have to delete everything I've worked on just to play the game, what's the point in accessing the game partially without using the gallery? I don't know, this whole situation sucks & it feels like error code 22 isn't even being aknowledged on Twitter by those I follow who usually post about updates/patches/fixes.

Sorry about the long paragraph, I'm just venting and trying to gain an understanding of this error and why it hasn't been adressed publicly. Other errors have eclipsed it, I've even contacted EA and I don't know what more to do. Thank you. 😐🙄

Also, I find my games lots changing from residential to art galleries & museums without me doing so. I don't know if this is part of the error but I thought I'd mention it as it's only been happening as of recent when it game has trouble saving or loading.

Message 327 of 449 (761 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@CelebritySkin96 EA Personnel have been active in this thread trying to troubleshoot. I have linked the posts here in this post Error Code 22. What this Code Means and Troubleshooting. 

If you are receiving error code 102 or 122, and your game is up to date with V1.29, please open a bug report as indicated in this post [Read First][Current Issue] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.29 (July 23 Update)

The issue with the former businesses reverting to their previous lot types is a bug, you will have to evict the family from the lot and reset the lot type back to residential and move the family back in. You can report that in the bug forum also.

Message 328 of 449 (727 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have done every proposed solution that has been suggested.

I have completey cleared my gallery of houses that had photographs/custom paintings in them.

I have cleared the cache, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game more times than I can remember.

While attempting a fix, I also received error code 507 (that's a new one) along with error code 22 & error code 102 all in the same session.

I have deleted the saved data and restarted the game multiple times.

I have deleted all my saved games apart from 2, each differently personalised so they aren't a duplicate of one another.

I honestly don't know what else I can do I, I sincerely appreciate all the help I have been given, but I have done everything and yet my game still doesn't work and is flooded with error codes.

I cannot repeat enough that I received no major issue and no error code up until the update that was released alongside or just before Eco Lifestyle was released.

The Sims 4 has been basically unplayable for 2 months now for me & I have tried everything on here & everything suggested to me in direct messages with EA.

This isn't an issue on my end, I stand by that & until a new fix or patch or update is released I believe this will remain an issue for me.

My only option is deleting everything and restarting my game all over again which I refuse to do as I've worked very hard & put many hours into this game for everything to just go waste.

I would also like to add that I've started new games to see if I didn't get the error codes and I still got them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just don't understand how my game went from working perfectly to being quite useless overnight due to one update and I'm also confused at to why sometimes I won't get error code 22 for hours and I'm able to save and then out of nowhere I'm hit with it. This usually happens while saving while building and error code 102 usually happens when I'm loading a household if that's help to anyone with any more potential fixes for me to attempt. Thank you.

Message 329 of 449 (673 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have also tried my game on multiple consoles and on multiple hard drives to no avail. 

Message 330 of 449 (669 Views)