Re: Save error

by SimGuruJoystick

Original Post

Re: Error code 22

★★★★ Novice

Absolutely nothing recommended worked and now I have lost everything.  Five generations in several households gone!  Months of, God playing wish I didn't have to play God, work gone!

Message 51 of 449 (1,488 Views)

Broken beyond repair?

★★ Guide

Hey,

I am (still) experiencing major saving issue, rendering the game unpalyable on Xbox One.

Following codes show when I try to save or/and when the game tries to autosave (like when traveling) or loading (trying to load another worldmap/lot).

Error Code 22

Error Code 122:84f8bed6:5cd88a8f

22 happening the most.

Yes, my XB1 is up to date and has more than enough free space.

This is what is always happening:

I can load a gamesave (not the autosave as there is non), I can then load into a lot and I can save lots on my library in buildmode.

After the very first loaded lot I can not travel to a different lot, I can not save (neither manually nor by triggering autosave), it will always kick me back to worldsoverview and show the error message 22 or 122.....

If I return to the main menu the error message 22 will also show (regardless of chosing "save and exit" or just "exit").

In CAS, I am often getting an error when trying to save a household (selfmade and downloaded ones alike) after I either made a new one or edited an existing one, there is no error code shown, it will just say something along the lines "couldn't save household to gallery" sometimes it will work on the second or third try and sometimes it won't at all.

Also sometimes sims and pets in CAS will not be animated and pets won't change poses when selecting a different pose or sit when zoom in on the face.

What I have tried so far:

Powercycling (2x)

Uninstalling and reinstalling my game

clearing up my library

deleting my XB1 profile and adding it again

obviously nothing has worked...

What I am not willing to do for now is delete all my savedata everywhere, I have read from others who did this and it did not work either and I don't want to lose everything.

Playing on a different XB1 profile is working so far. But I haven't tested it out very thoroughly and am not keen on the idea of having to move all my stuff (builds and households) via the gallery and basically start new, especially when these errors are not resolved and could just as well happen again on that profile too.

What IS working?

The gallery, I can upload and download just fine.

Build mode and saving lots to my library from there, which is why I have only been building.

Now, I do not even expect a quick solution on here, as this seems to be a more complex problem but it would be very kind if somebody could at least tell me if the devs (or who is responsible for patches/fixes) are aware of these problems and will be/are working on it, since this isn't only happening to me.

As for now I feel pretty left alone, like talking to a void....this makes me more sad than angry, I love this game, I hate to see it so broken.

Message 52 of 449 (1,467 Views)

Re: Broken beyond repair?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ra7orrat  Can you please post on this thread if it is similar https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-XB1-Error-code-510-418f64b6-21f69ee2-when-trying-to... they are looking for people still having the issue after the patch.

Message 53 of 449 (1,458 Views)

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniperthat's a different error code though, I never got that one.

Message 54 of 449 (1,451 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ra7orrat  Okay, can you try going to the home screen, select Sims 4, then select Manage Game and Addons, saved data and delete the file called "reserved space"

Power down your console, by holding the XBox button on the console, wait at least 10 seconds then power it back on. Relaunch the game.

Message 55 of 449 (1,442 Views)

Re: Save error

EA Sims Team

Hi there!

Curious to know if you are still having save issues after today's console update?

Let us know!

Thanks

Message 56 of 449 (1,506 Views)

★★ Guide

okay, tried that, I was able to play a few hours without the errors, could save the game and edit and save households but then it happened again.

Still think this must have something to do with the gallery, as before it happend I spend some time in the gallery and downloaded a couple of rooms and pets until I got a message saying that it couldn't download the content (with differnt content by different simmers), so I closed the gallery traveld to a lot in build mode and when I tried going back to manage worlds, the good old Error Code 22 was back.

Message 57 of 449 (1,435 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ra7orrat  @SimGuruJoystick  was asking if people were still having save issues in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Save-error/m-p/8678382#M5871

Message 58 of 449 (1,418 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 WONT SAVE ERROR CODE 22

Hero (Retired)
Message 59 of 449 (1,478 Views)

Re: Error code 22

Hero (Retired)

@mommadesha  Is this still an issue after the patch? 

@SimGuruJoystick  was asking in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Save-error/m-p/8678382#M5871

Message 60 of 449 (1,463 Views)