Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Save Error 22

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.21.40.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into a save and try to save the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? I would open a save file, play for a little bit then try to save over the last time I saved and it would tell me something along the lines of save error, and then if I just exit to main menu it deletes my save completely. I've lost two saves that I've been playing with for a long time.
What do you expect to see? I expect to save my games without them being deleted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would take a photo of it but I'm not risking losing another save.

Message 27 of 449 (22,073 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Save Error 22

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Marked As Solution For Visibility. This issue has been for patched for the bug that was causing this error.  Please see @SimQARobo post here: July 20th Patch FixThis error can still appear if your save or drive space is full. 

What this code means is that your console is reading your space as full, and not able to save any more data.

1. You are only allotted a certain amount of data per save or library slot. The total amount of space allotted to Sims 4 saves and library is limited. Some users simply need to delete items from their save and library to free up space, because your save space is legitimately full and you can't save anymore to it.
  2. You need to ensure there is enough space on your console to save data. If your console drive is full, you can't save anything else to it.

1. Please see SimGuruNick's Question and troubleshooting and respond to them in this thread.

Spoiler
"Does everyone who's getting this error code have a lot of downloaded Gallery items in your Library? Approximately how many? Does deleting the downloaded Gallery items from your Library fix the issue? Thanks for the help!

2. The most recent troubleshooting is here by SimQARobo SimQARobo Troubleshooting

Spoiler

Hello again.

A couple other things to try:

1) Create a guest account and play Sims 4 with that.  Then try to save your game and see if the error still appears. If it doesn't, that means your save is corrupted.somehow.  If it does appear, then something is wrong with the game install and you should re-install.

2) If you regularly play with an online connection, you can try to delete your autosave and retrieve the autosave from the cloud to see if that fixes it..

(Your progress might revert back to an earlier point though).

To do this:

• From the Xbox One dashboard, highlight The Sims 4
  • Press the Menu button (3 lines)
  • Select Manage Game & Add-ons
  • Go to Saved Data
You should see a file with the same name as your Gamertag
  • Press the Menu button on the save file
  • Select Delete Saved Data
This next bit is VERY important
  • Select Delete from console
There is an option next to it called "Delete everywhere" - Don't select this - if you hit that then you lose everything.
Once you have deleted the save from console, launch Sims 4 again and it'll sync your saves from Xbox Live Cloud and hopefully the issue goes away. 

3. Delete the Reserved Space file

Spoiler
  • Press the Xbox button on your controller to go to the Home screen.
  • Use the left stick to navigate down to My games & apps, and then select See all. Press the A button to select it.
  • Select Games, and then highlight Sims 4.
  • Press the Menu button, and then select Manage game & add-ons
  • Go to Saved Data and delete the file "Reserved Space". It'll recreate it when you next launch the game (SimGuruLegacyTweet Here)

The following troubleshooting is general troubleshooting. Please refer to the above troubleshooting first for this issue.

There's a thread here that has troubleshooting steps for this issue. I am going to type them all out here for everyone since the previous thread is now locked. Just do one step at a time to see if it helps, relaunching the game each time to see if the error is resolved. 

1. Turn off Your system completely

Spoiler
  • Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 30-60 seconds. (Set a timer!)
    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  • Plug the console power cable back in.
  • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

2. Make sure your game is up to date.

Spoiler
1. To set your console to automatically receive updates:
  • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  • Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  • Select Keep my console up to date for console and Keep my games & apps up to date for games and apps.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

Spoiler
  • Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  • Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  • Under Updates, you’ll see:
    • Console update available. Select this button to begin your update, or
    • No console update available. This means your console is up to date

4. Delete your local saves and resync them from the cloud.  

Spoiler
  • On Home, select My games & apps.
  • Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
  • In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  • You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
  • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
  • You can also simply delete your saves from in game when opening the save game menu. Then resave your game after deleting all your local saves. (Step by Step here)

5. Try to force an autosave. 

Spoiler
  • From your game, wait for a major action to complete, such as getting a new job - This should autosave your game
  • Open the game menu
  • Select Manage Worlds
  • Select Just Go to Manage Worlds
  • Press Start again and select Exit to Main Menu
  • Select Load Game
  • Select the Autosave to load back into your game. (EA_Arrenai thread Here)

7. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

Spoiler
Before you can reinstall a game, you must first uninstall it from the console's hard drive. To uninstall a game:
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select My games & apps and then Games.
  2. Highlight the game you want to uninstall, press the Menu button, and then select Uninstall.
You can then reinstall the game by inserting the disc or downloading it again from the Microsoft Store. To download the game again, go to My games & apps > Games and then select the game title from Ready to install.

View in thread

Message 90 of 449 (25,073 Views)

All Replies

SIMS 4 WONT SAVE ERROR CODE 22

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs avalaiable On Xbox one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to save manually or auto save
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to save I get error code 22
What do you expect to see? Gives error gave failed to save error code 22
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time I try to save or load another game and make a new save it gives me this error code please help It is a very frustrating issue my game saves are 2 years worth of gaming. 

Message 1 of 449 (22,137 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 WONT SAVE ERROR CODE 22

Hero
@jeremyizawesome Moving this to console tech for troubleshooting

Here's a thread on this with some tips: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Error-code-22-xbox/m-p/8095087

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 449 (22,117 Views)

Re: Error code 22 xbox

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this as of January 2020

Message 3 of 449 (21,992 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jeremyizawesome  Did you try the troubleshooting steps listed in the other thread?

Message 4 of 449 (22,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes still did not work unfortunately 

Message 5 of 449 (22,061 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jeremyizawesome  How many saves do you have? Can you save if you go to manage worlds and save from there instead of live mode?

Message 6 of 449 (22,034 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No I Cant, when I go to manage worlds even without saving It gives me the error code, and I have 3 saves I used to have 4 but when the issue first happened it erased the current newest save I had which brought it down to 3 when I try to save a new game to that same erased slot I get the error

Message 7 of 449 (22,023 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@jeremyizawesome  Do you have a back up save in the cloud you can load? If so, delete your local saves and sync your saves from the cloud. All I can find on it is that it's a save corruption.  

Message 8 of 449 (22,015 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I might that's something I can try I just dont want to risk deleting everything and have all that work lost

Message 9 of 449 (22,007 Views)