Brightness setting on sims4 on ps4 (is there one)

by Azura-moonstar

Original Post

Brightness setting on sims4 on ps4 (is there one)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

so i got the sims 4 on the ps4 recently, i have a ps4 pro and a 4K tv. I have my tv set to have basic brightness, making dark darks, and bright brights, but not so bright that the color bleeds. When playing the sims 4 i noticed the game over rode my ps4 and tv settings causing the game to be extremely bright, and color bleed. is there a setting in the game to turn down the brightness? the game is so bright that it legitimately hurts me eyes, and this is a first in my 30+ years of gaming. Even my pc copy wasn't this bright. (i don't play on pc as the only pc i have is not for gaming, i barely got the game to run. i got the ps4 version so i can finally play it.)

i rather not have to change my tv settings just for 1 game as every game i play doesn't have this issue. I noticed there is no gamma/brightness setting and figure i ask to see if there is one.

Am i the only one having issues? 

any recommendations to fix this? the sims 4 was a birth day gift from my boyfriend and bought me $120 worth of the dlc. I rather not let this nice gift go to waste simply because this 1 game is too bright for me. Frown

Message 1 of 2 (1,449 Views)

Re: Brightness setting on sims4 on ps4 (is there one)

★★★ Newbie
@Azura-moonstar Yeah I'm having the same issue having to strain my eyes to read the menus I'm also colour blind so the blue on white is difficult enough to see without it being brighter than 100 suns
Message 2 of 2 (1,324 Views)