B Button unresponsive 80% of time

by carleighBeef

Original Post

Accepted Solution

B Button unresponsive 80% of time

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Is anyone else on xbox having an issue where the B button doesn't work? If I'm building and i want to stop placing something, it doesn't matter how much i spam the B button it won't cancel it. I have to basically break my button spamming it for it to work. It's not my controller Because B works fine with literally everything else. The issue only started this year and it's getting worse. Edit: I've seen someone else post about this so it's definitely the game. It's starting to get frustrating :/ 

Message 1 of 7 (4,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: B Button unresponsive 80% of time

Community Manager

Hi there @carleighBeef,

Let's try a full power cycle on your console by following these steps:

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. This will shut down your console completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 30 seconds so the power supply is reset.
  3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox.

If this doesn't help, we'll also want to try the following steps as well as trying a different controller:

• Replace the batteries in your controller
  • Manually power-cycle your controller
  • Connect your controller to your Xbox using a USB cable
  • Check for a firmware update on your controller
  • Restore your controller's button mapping settings to default-
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    • Select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.

I've tested this on my Xbox with a few different controllers and wasn't running into any issues with the B button, so it sounds like this may be an issue with the controller specifically. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,158 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there @carleighBeef,

Let's try a full power cycle on your console by following these steps:

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. This will shut down your console completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 30 seconds so the power supply is reset.
  3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox.

If this doesn't help, we'll also want to try the following steps as well as trying a different controller:

• Replace the batteries in your controller
  • Manually power-cycle your controller
  • Connect your controller to your Xbox using a USB cable
  • Check for a firmware update on your controller
  • Restore your controller's button mapping settings to default-
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    • Select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.

I've tested this on my Xbox with a few different controllers and wasn't running into any issues with the B button, so it sounds like this may be an issue with the controller specifically. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 7 (4,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and I have reset my Xbox my controller and my game  all the stuff with resetting controller to default  

I am at times have to save and quit just because it won't let me back out

I'm a bit upset cause they make the expansions so expensive and the game doesn't even work right half the time

Message 3 of 7 (3,956 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @18548cc932ba47ef,

Have you tested this with a different controller as well? 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 7 (3,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I have tried literally everything. New controllers, resetting everything, etc. Still nothing. My issue only exists in build mode and it gets frustrating. 

Message 5 of 7 (3,694 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Broccoliii8,

If these steps didn't resolve the issue for you, and you're seeing the problem with a different controller as well, please create a bug report on this here so we can track this issue further please Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 7 (3,658 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@carleighBeef Yes me too but on ps5 i thought it was my controller at first but it only happens on sims 4 and in build buy mode
Message 7 of 7 (3,584 Views)