Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[Xbox] Wheel issues - long load times, crashing, no input

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: F1 22
Platform:Xbox Series S
Summarize your bug When wheel is plugged in game is unplayable, took 35 min to load into time trial and the. As you hit the track you have no control. Unplug wheel and game works fine. This is for 21 and 22. Wheel works fine on other sims
What is your 16 digit Report Code? Kxdpjvteepxsggeg
Which area is the bug/glitch in? TT
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Did you have cross-play enabled? No
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plug a wheel into the counsel and it freezes unplug it and it works fine. This is from startup
What happens when the bug occurs? Game locks up and is unplayable
What do you expect to see? A normal working game like before. This is absolutely ridiculous. I use this as an escape after some tragic losses and well really sucks not being able to play. Wheel driver has been reinstalled and verified current

Just fix it! This is clearly happening to many other and it’s only in the f1 platform. Find the issue. This game worked fine 3 days ago and now it won’t even load into TT. YOU UNPLUG THE WHEEL AND THR GAME WORKS FINE. I HABE COMPLETLEY REINSTALLED ALL WHEEL DROVERRS AND ENSURED PROPED SETUP! I also wiped my game in hopes that helps so there goes all my saved game dats for nothing. My wheel works perfect on any other racing game!  This is by far a huge issues and one that’s honestly unacceptable from a franchise with the history F1 has! Please solve this! Reach out I’ll do what I can do help! I just want to play, I need to get back to allowing myself to escape and help cope with some tragic losses in my personal life. This is how I did it and now I can’t and it’s quite affecting! 

[CM - updating thread title to merge duplicate threads.]

Message 1 of 352 (5,996 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Thrustmaster wheel or any wheel causes game to lock up.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

As others have pointed out, this issue was noted under the known issues in the recent Xbox Insider release notes: 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/10/24/xbox-insider-release-notes-alpha-2211-221021-1630/

Our friends at Xbox are asking those who have been experiencing this issue to use the Report a Problem feature to help them gather more info. Please be sure to submit a report if you can. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 187 of 352 (4,185 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue and the answer from EA help is that they do not manage wheels, I need to look the compatible wheels and look for help here in the discussions

Message 2 of 352 (5,915 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It’s funny how it’s only the EA and Codemaster games though for me. All other games work. 

Message 3 of 352 (5,901 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too same problem, I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it 2 times, but I can't solve it, the game does not start or does not work properly with the thurstmaster steering wheel connected, it works as soon as the steering wheel is disconnected, this has been happening for 3 days.

Message 4 of 352 (5,853 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly how is this even happening. I thought my console was broken, my wheel, wheelbase. My Xbox works fine and my wheel works perfectly with other sims. GET THIS SORTED!

Message 5 of 352 (5,830 Views)

Champion

I expect it would be helpful if everyone above could edit their posts to state what wheels they are using. Also mention if you're using an XSX like the OP or something else. The more info. that is provided the higher the chance of the issue actually being resolved.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 352 (5,779 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed that would be very helpful and Incan forward that to Thrustmaster where I have been in contact with R&D and tech! 

Message 7 of 352 (5,765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i use thrustmaster ts-xw racer on xbox one s

Message 8 of 352 (5,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The fix for this is that you need to go to the insider hub app and remove yourself from the beta program! You will need to restart your Xbox and then set it up again. Game data will still be there after you do this but everything will work after that! Thank you to my contact at thrustmaster and their team helping me solve this problem! 

Message 9 of 352 (5,710 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JBlain21 Ok, thanks, I'll try, even if I don't think I'm enrolled in the xbox beta program
Message 10 of 352 (5,678 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help