F1 22 PC VR jittering, freezing screens and crashing

by Skoftig

Original Post

Re: F1 22 PC VR jittering, freezing screens and crashing

★★★ Newbie
@dronord551993 having done all that , still there is delayed movement when moving my head... has nothin todo with performance headroom missing (I have plenty) , it's another issue.(which affects not all headsets, it seems ppl w Steam headset are not affected ? Meta Quest 2 and HP Reverb G2 are for sure affected as far as I read).
Message 501 of 517 (1,237 Views)

★★ Novice

I think you may have missed my post as I am using SteamVR. My post is as per below, however I have since upgraded my Desktop PC GPU to an RTX 3090 ROG Strix OC Edition 24G.

2 weeks ago

"I too am having this issue. It is happening on both my Desktop PC (I9-9900KF, 32GB RAM, ASUS RTX 2070 Super ROG Strix) and my Alienware laptop (I7-9750H, 32GB RAM) with external graphics amp which has an ASUS RTX 3090 Turbo 24G OC. I have three different VR headsets and all of them have the same issue on both of my systems. I have the Vive Pro, Vive Pro 2 & Pimax 5K Super. I can get smooth frame rates, even playing on Ultra settings on my RTX 3090, however the head movement stutter makes the game unplayable. This is a real shame as I really don't want to play through the game in 2D (which works fine). I have several other racing titles which do not have this issue, namely, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista 2, Project Cars,1,2 & 3, Rfactor 2, Dirt Rally 1 & 2, Kartkraft & Raceroom experience.

I have tried all the fixes suggested by people on the net, so I logged a case with EA. Hoping this issue gets fixed as I'm hanging to play in VR!"

Message 502 of 517 (1,221 Views)

★ Guide
@jq4cp9tbrwyd everyone has this, i have it too. my solution was to drive f1 in iracing instead...
Message 503 of 517 (1,029 Views)

★ Apprentice

@   EAgames Any “news” ??

come on guys. This has been way too long!

Message 504 of 517 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  I apologize, but I disagree with your Resolution. As a fellow VG industry employee working in QA in one of the most prestigious company in the industry, I don't believe that having this issue standing for 9 months is reasonable, especially since it was tagged as Resolved. Marking it as such could have a negative impact on the community believing it is fixed when throughout the 9 months since this was reported, there has been constant callouts of the issue still occurring. Please, have a conversation with Production and/or Dev and at least come up with an update for the community. I believe this issue has been Backlogged internally and there has been no work on it recently. I understand that only a skeleton crew might be handling bug fixes and maintenance for this game as the studio is probably focusing on F1 '23 and others, and reasonably so, but this has to be addressed. It is the most outstanding issue with the most replies and it is only fair we get some sort of answer. 

Anyways  here I am to communicate that I am still experiencing this issue in the current Live build in a Oculus Quest 2. I shall not overpopulate this field with Reproduction Steps as simply; the game is crashing (SteamVR Critical Error) in VR Mode every time the player uses "Flashbacks". Initially, once opened, it runs smoothly (most of the time) until this action is executed. 

Attached is my DxDiag as requested. Thank you for your time. 

Message 505 of 517 (1,004 Views)

★ Novice

You fixed this issue!

You are my hero.

For two days I struggled and I dont have time.

Thank you so much!

Message 506 of 517 (745 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fixed WHAT? this game is not fixed. It is comoletely broken. 

Period. 

Message 507 of 517 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@cherubwings01 wrote:

You fixed this issue!

You are my hero.

For two days I struggled and I dont have time.

Thank you so much!

You sound like an EA employee with a newbie account trying to make out that A problem is fixed.  None of the outstanding VR related issues are fixed. 

I'd report you, but you'd probably ban me instead.

FFS. Why can't game publishers be held accountable for this crap?

Message 508 of 517 (732 Views)

★ Novice

Its not fixed. It worked a while thrn crashes. Pathetic really. I got me a quest 2 bow recently thinking of enjoying this but I can only drive in time trials and not GP at all. 

Message 509 of 517 (620 Views)

★ Novice

I got it fixed in a different way.

Why is there NOT a post on this?

Use OpenOVR.

I replaced the dll file in F1 22.

If you need step by step info I can do that no problem.

I played yesterday for an 1h30m without crash. 

It used to crash every time I went into instant replay.

No more, smooth as well. Today I will try on high setting. I even improved my Australia time in time trail with my second try I couldnt believe it.

Portugal was a different beast! Wow ,with all the elevation changes its mich easier to keep your car on track as you get a feel for what the car would actually do

Message 510 of 517 (572 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help