Re: F1 22 PC VR jittering, freezing screens and crashing

by stevensred5

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@Stampede_251 sorry aber dann machst du irgendwas falsch. Was sind deine PC specs? Für mich war das gestern ein Unterschied wie Tag und Nacht. Kann ja nicht sein dass das bei dir eher ins Gegenteil umschlägt
Message 311 of 517 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@stevensred5+20fps boost? Are you for real? Oh my... As for everyone else here pretending that OC gives better performance than SteamVR, I'm sorry to tell you all but you are wrong. OC has fixed frame waiting times in F1 22 (since F1 22 doesn't use the compositor to control frame waiting times as it's commonly done) and dynamic resolution doesn't work with it, so there's absolutely no way (objectively no way) your performance can be better with OC right now. A new version will soon come out with some fixes for the frame waiting time issues (with a buffer that reportedly gives much better performance) plus dynamic resolution working, so then it can be that OC will indeed perform better than SteamVR, but for now there's absolutely no way that you can have more performance than SteamVR with it, it's simply objectively impossible (the only way would be if you are using subpar settings in the game and you have a lot of headroom available still).

This is one of the clearest proofs of the fact that many users here that report about performance don't know what they are talking about and all their "impressions" and whatever are total nonsense.

Message 312 of 517 (734 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

now, i`ve use OpenComposite and the game crush not in a playtime from 1 hour. I have play in high graphic settings, in VR i have switch on bloom and the other both switches bottom. No jittering (like before), and now no crashes.

Message 313 of 517 (716 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

HAHA..Dear me, where did I state anyone was going to get +20fps?? all I did was link to a Steam post (by some else) that has helped a lot of people, myself included 'for real', to get a way better experience.  Good luck with waiting for 'new version will soon come out', EA wont even officially acknowledge any issue with VR.

Message 314 of 517 (701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also been consistently experiencing a crash of F1 22 in VR, and the trick that has worked for me so far has been reducing the quality of the texture streaming. Here is a link to more details: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-crashing-in-vr/m-p/11689579/highlight/true#M4946

Message 315 of 517 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Pierrerino86Dann muss ich ja auch was falsch machen, ich wüsste bloß nicht was. Bei mir ist das problem mit dem jitter auch immer noch das gleich wie vorher. Zumal bei mir das Spiel jedes mal abstürzt, so bald ich das Headset absetzte was bei steamVR nicht der Fall ist. Nur weil es bei dir funktioniert, gillt das selbe leider nicht für alle anderen. Jeder hat andere Hardware Specs.

Aber für mich ist das alles halb so wild. Meine Quest 2 ist sowieso nur gemietet und geht nächste Woche zurück. Fertig aus. Kein Bock kehr mich mit dem Mist weiter zu beschäftigen. 
war für mich sowieso das letzte F1 Spiel von EA und Bugmasters. 

Message 316 of 517 (631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Pierrerino86 how do u guys open the game in VR after changing the dll? When I try to open the game through the EXE file it opens the 2D version of the game...

Message 317 of 517 (618 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@brunomateli Just normal via steam. When you press "open in steamvr" the game wont start steamvr
Message 318 of 517 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Steps:

- Download:
openvr_api.dll (64bit)

- Create a file named “opencomposite.ini”

- Then put the values:

supersampleRatio = 1.7 (You can change it)

- Save

- Run the game (Steam VR mode)

Important:

- Create a backup of the DLL file. If the change doesn’t work, just replace the file with the backup

I probably can't put links so here's the topic on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1692250/discussions/0/3453716250593691483/ 

I made this tutorial because maybe it can help someone!

Message 319 of 517 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@brunomateliWrong. Don't use the supersampleratio in the ini, it's slower than using either oculus or wmr internal supersampling, at least for now.

But discard my comment from before (it was right at the time but no more) because if you use Open Composite now then performance is much much better (actually better than SteamVR) and you can also use dynamic resolution. 

Message 320 of 517 (560 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help