Re: Scrabble losing letters, connection and timing out..

by PaulC852

Original Post

Scrabble losing letters, connection and timing out..

★★★★ Novice

A few things wrong with Scrabble.  1. Getting timed out before time is up.  2. The time out comes on when the bot is playing but he can still finish his word and the time out goes to me. 3. Losing connection.  I did find that if I don't click on adobe flash game don't lose connection as fast. 4. Everyday words will not give me credit but if i try the same word again in a different place then it is credited. 5. When I get timed out before my turn is over then i have to pass the bot will then take my place where i was trying to play.  This game now sucks.  This was one of my favorite go to games...I will not renew for a year if this doesn't get fixed..i just renewed for a month to see what happens..

Message 11 of 17 (429 Views)

★ Apprentice

The EA Scrabble game stopped functioning completely on 5th June.

If you are referring to the ScrAbbleGo app then that is nothing to do with EA, and here is not the place to discuss issues with it.

Message 12 of 17 (367 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Mickiszap1. I went ahead and merged your post with your previous thread about SCRABBLE on Pogo.

Have you had an opportunity yet to contact your ISP regarding your connectivity issues? Sending them your UO Trace can help them diagnose what may be going on with your connection to SCRABBLE.

As for the time out that you're experiencing, is it the inactivity timer that you're facing before the turn timer is complete? If so, the team is aware of that issue and investigating options, so thanks for your added report on that.

Regarding the words being accepted in some places and not others, there are two different dictionaries used, depending on if you're doing a NSA rated game or a standard game. Are these all the same type of game?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 17 (326 Views)

Hey there, @Mickiszap1. I'm just checking in. Did you get a chance to test your connection with your ISP?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 17 (299 Views)

Re: losing connection and turn over before i get a chance to play

★★★★ Novice

It's not a connectivity issue - it's the stupid timer - how do you turn it off ?

Message 15 of 17 (259 Views)

Hey there, @CaliSouther

In the case of the timer, table hosts can adjust the timer in the game settings. You can check what a player has the timer set to in the table select by clicking on the game rules.

Note: There will always be an inactivity timer in the game which is separate from the turn / forfeit timer, so you'll want to make sure that you remain active in the game window even if it's not your turn.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 17 (232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There needs to be a way to turn OFF both the game timer and the turn timer.   Some people like a relaxed gaming atmosphere.

Message 17 of 17 (206 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help