Pogo Daily Sudoku Losing Earned Weekly Special Stars

by quietdiWR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pogo Daily Sudoku Losing Earned Weekly Special Stars

★ Guide

Original Post in Pogo Forums: May 2nd, 2021, 10:39 am ET

On Saturday, May 1st, 2021, I earned 3 Stars for the Beginner puzzle, 3 Stars for the Easy puzzle, and 5 Stars for the Weekly Special Day 7 Hard puzzle. So, for the month of May 2021, I had accumulated 11 Stars.

Before completing any puzzles for today, Sunday, May 2nd, 2021, I see that I only have 6 Stars accumulated for the month of May 2021.

On Sunday, May 2nd, 2021, I earned 3 Stars for the Beginner puzzle, 3 Stars for the Easy puzzle, and 1 Star for the Weekly Special Day 1 Easy puzzle. So, for May 2nd, I added 7 Stars to my monthly total.

My total accumulated Stars for the month of May 2021 stands at 13 rather than the expected 18. Oh, well.

Message 1 of 12 (705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pogo Daily Sudoku Losing Earned Weekly Special Stars

★ Guide

I continued to lose Weekly Special Stars off and on throughout the months of August and September if I played the Weekly Special's Daily puzzle as the LAST puzzle in a sequence of puzzles each day.

So, as a work around, I play a regular daily puzzle as the last puzzle each day, and I no longer lose any Weekly Special Stars.

Here is the sequence of puzzles I now play each day: Beginner, Weekly Special puzzle of the day, and lastly, Easy.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (416 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Update Post in Pogo Forums: July 2nd, 2021, 12:41 pm ET

Well, it happened again. Only this time, I lost the stars for 2 days (Thursday, July 1st, 2021 and Friday, July 2nd, 2021) of the Weekly Special.

Here is what happened on Thursday, July 1st, 2021: I earned 3 Stars for the Beginner puzzle, 3 Stars for the Easy puzzle, and 3 Stars for the Weekly Special Day 5 Medium puzzle. So, for July 1st, I added 9 Stars to my monthly total (which is correct).

Here is what happened on Friday, July 2nd 2021:

I earned 3 Stars for the Beginner puzzle. Stars new total = 12 (which is correct)

I earned 3 Stars for the Easy puzzle. Stars new total = 15 (which is correct)

I earned 4 Stars for the Weekly Special Day 6 Hard puzzle. Stars new total = 16 (which is not correct, the total should be 19)

I quit and reloaded Pogo Daily Sudoku, and the total Stars for July, 2021 went down to 12.

I cleared the cache, etc. for Chrome and the total Stars is still the same (12) -- officially, Paddle Boards Theme 12/45.

Message 2 of 12 (703 Views)

★ Guide

Posted in Pogo Forums: July 3rd, 2021, 4:36 pm ET

Well, it happened again today, July 3rd, 2021. I lost the 5 Stars I earned for completing Day 7 of the Weekly Special.

Here is what happened on Saturday, July 3rd 2021:

I started today with 12 Stars, which should be 19.

I earned 3 Stars for the Beginner puzzle. Stars new total = 15

I earned 3 Stars for the Easy puzzle. Stars new total = 18

I earned 5 Stars for the Weekly Special Day 7 Hard puzzle. Stars new total = 23

I quit and reloaded Pogo Daily Sudoku, and the total Stars for July, 2021 went down to 18.

Message 3 of 12 (667 Views)

★ Guide

I have attached 2 additional screen shots related to the Pogo Daily Sudoku events of July 3rd, 2021.

The 5 screen shots are:

1. Main Pogo Daily Sudoku screen for July 2021 (showing 18 total stars earned, i.e. Paddle Boards Theme 18/45)

2. Thursday 1 July calendar sub-screen (showing 6 stars earned)

3. Friday 2 July calendar sub-screen (showing 6 stars earned)

4. Saturday 3 July calendar sub-screen (showing 6 stars earned)

5. Weekly Special screen for Saturday 3 July (showing all 7 days of the Weekly Special are completed)

The last 3 balloons on the right (3, 4 and 5 stars) of the Weekly Special are associated with July 1st, July 2nd and July 3rd.

Message 4 of 12 (664 Views)

★ Guide

Today, I did not lose the 1 Star earned by completing the Weekly Special puzzle for Sunday, July 4th, 2021.

Today is also the first day of a new Weekly Special set of 7 puzzles.

Now, I see a glitch pattern.

If a Weekly Special set of 7 puzzles crosses a month boundary (i.e., a Weekly Special spans 2 months), I lose all the Weekly Special Stars earned for the partial set of puzzles that occur in the new month.

Message 5 of 12 (644 Views)

★ Guide

Seems having a Weekly Special span a month is not the issue, because yesterday (August 1, 2021) and today (August 2, 2021)  I lost the Earned Weekly Special Stars.

On Sunday, August 1, 2021: I completed the Beginner and Easy Levels and the Weekly Special Day 1 (for 1 Star) puzzle for a total of 7 Stars.

Today, August 2, 2021, when I started playing I only had a total of 6 Stars.

On Monday, August 2, 2021, I completed the Beginner and Easy Levels and the Weekly Special Day 2 (for 2 Star) puzzle for a total of 8 Stars.

When I left Pogo Daily Sudoku, I have a total of 14 Stars (which should have been 15 Stars).

When I just returned to Pogo Daily Sudoku, I found that only had 12 Stars. So, I have lost both the August 1st - 1 - and August 2nd - 2 - Earned Weekly Special Stars.

I will be attaching 4 related screenshots. Two in this post and two in the next post.

Message 6 of 12 (570 Views)

★ Guide

The 4 related screenshots are:

1. Sunday 1 August calendar sub-screen (showing 6 stars earned)

2. Monday 2 August calendar sub-screen (showing 6 stars earned)

3. Weekly Special screen for Monday 2 August (showing that the first 2 days of the month have been completed for a total of 3 stars earned)

4. Main Pogo Daily Sudoku screen for August 2021 (showing only 12 total stars earned, i.e. Beach Parasol Theme 12/45)

Message 7 of 12 (569 Views)

★ Guide

August 3, 2021 Update: I lost the 2 Earned Weekly Special Stars for today.

Today, August 3, 2021, when I started playing I had a total of 12 Stars for the month.

On Tuesday, August 3, 2021, I completed the Beginner and Easy Levels and the Weekly Special Day 3 (for 2 Star) puzzle for a total of 8 Stars.

When I left Pogo Daily Sudoku, I have a total of 20 Stars.

When I just returned to Pogo Daily Sudoku, I found that only had 18 Stars. 

Message 8 of 12 (544 Views)

★ Guide

August 4, 2021 Update:

The 3 Stars I earned from completing the Weekly Special Day 4 Puzzle for Wednesday 4 August was still present after exiting and relaunching Pogo Daily Sudoku.

August 5, 2021 Update:

Unfortunately, the 3 Stars I earned from completing the Weekly Special Day 5 Puzzle for Thursday 5 August was gone after exiting and relaunching Pogo Daily Sudoku.

Message 9 of 12 (519 Views)

★ Guide

I continued to lose Weekly Special Stars off and on throughout the months of August and September if I played the Weekly Special's Daily puzzle as the LAST puzzle in a sequence of puzzles each day.

So, as a work around, I play a regular daily puzzle as the last puzzle each day, and I no longer lose any Weekly Special Stars.

Here is the sequence of puzzles I now play each day: Beginner, Weekly Special puzzle of the day, and lastly, Easy.

Message 10 of 12 (417 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help