PayDay FreeCell slows down until unplayable

by paulfrenayVJ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PayDay FreeCell slows down until unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Playing PayDay Freecell on MS Edge Version 86.0.622.43 (Official build) (64-bits) on a Lenovo Thinkpad E590 with i7 8565U @1.8GHz with 8GB RAM . 

After a while the game starts to slow down noticably, and this continues until after approx 30'-45'  at 4' per game the game becomes unplayable.

Closing Edge and re-opening restores the speed to normal, but the problem returns after a while.

Rebooting the computer does not remove or resolve the problem.

Maybe a memory leak of some kind? 

Message 1 of 6 (731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PayDay FreeCell slows down until unplayable

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @paulfrenayVJ. Thanks so much for the detailed computer info.

Let's give a few things a try here to see if it improves game performance for you.

• To start, please try our HTML5 troubleshooting. These steps are built out specifically for freezing issues like the one you describe, and have helped many people.
  • As you're using the Edge browser, please also check out the Update on HD Games Running Slow in Chrome and Edge to see if the issue applies to you, and the fixes associated with that issue.
  • If you try the troubleshooting and still are still having trouble with Payday Freecell, can you share your edge://gpu information, particularly the top section?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (705 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, @paulfrenayVJ. Thanks so much for the detailed computer info.

Let's give a few things a try here to see if it improves game performance for you.

• To start, please try our HTML5 troubleshooting. These steps are built out specifically for freezing issues like the one you describe, and have helped many people.
  • As you're using the Edge browser, please also check out the Update on HD Games Running Slow in Chrome and Edge to see if the issue applies to you, and the fixes associated with that issue.
  • If you try the troubleshooting and still are still having trouble with Payday Freecell, can you share your edge://gpu information, particularly the top section?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

none of my other favs have this problem, but  payday free cell slows down after a few minutes and continues to slow down till it takes 30 or 40 seconds for one card to be moved. most annoying!!

Message 3 of 6 (690 Views)

Hey there, @luettejohw. Have you had an opportunity to try the troubleshooting I outlined above? If so, how did it go for you?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (651 Views)

★ Novice

tried and no change  ??????????

Message 5 of 6 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

I am still having issues with Payday FreeCell and Canasta. The cards move painfully slow and then completely stop. I am running Windows 8.1 and using Chrome browser. 8 gigs of RAM. 64 bit system. I have tried multiple suggestions and nothing is helping my situation. 

Message 6 of 6 (394 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help