New version of Canasta is very slow and unplayable

by t42es

Original Post

Re: my cards go very slow when i play canasta

★★ Novice

Mine is going very slow recently, I dont understand whats going on. I use Chrome have cleaned out everything and it takes maybe almost 2 minutes to meld or discard but all my other games work fine... whats the deal? Driving me NUTS!!! 

Message 51 of 75 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @TeNdErHeArT3.

If you are still having difficulty after completing the HTML5 troubleshooting, please gather a DxDiag or System Report.

Once you have the report, if you're able to attach it to a reply here on this thread or a Direct Message to me, I'll be happy to send it over to the Pogo team.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 52 of 75 (659 Views)

★★ Novice

Again, I have cleaned everything out and I have CCleaner and even Defrag, cleaned cache, added your new thing today and I still cannot get canasta to play normally it is so slow It would take me three weeks to get even this weeks badge done and everything else is running smooth but Canasta. HELP BEFORE I CRY!

Message 53 of 75 (621 Views)

★★ Novice

Let me know if I did this right...

Message 54 of 75 (599 Views)

Re: New version of Canasta is very slow and unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@t42es Can someone fix canasta way too slow..Why give us a badge if its unplayable ...Wow please fix

[CM Edit: Removed ALL CAPS to adhere to the Answers HQ rules.]

Message 55 of 75 (582 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @TeNdErHeArT3. Thanks so much. Your RAM is a bit on the low-side, which can affect HTML5 game performance. I'll send the file right over to the Pogo team. We appreciate it.

Hey, @sandie239. Thanks for reaching out! Have you had a chance to try our HTML5 troubleshooting yet? It has helped a lot of people so far.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 56 of 75 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

I never had a problem until recently and my spades and all play fine and I have only used 1/4 of my space and the rest is free. I am as well having problems on jigsaw as well as other friends as with canasta as it is moving very slow. I was zooming before and now I am at a snails pace a sloth can beat it lol. But its been recently this has happened or if I was moving this slow I would have not bought badges that I did not think I could complete if ya know my meaning. But I do thank you for looking into this and please getting this fixed its one of my favorite games. Is it because I create a table and make it private and play against bots? Again much help needed and I am glad I could help you out by getting that for you now its your turn to get me some fast play lol please... blessings, and  much love to all in these crazy times.

Message 57 of 75 (539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

very slow over past 4 days.  I thought it was because there were 3000+ playing but it has not improved.

Message 58 of 75 (505 Views)

★ Novice

The only fix for this on a gaming computer was to play Canasta (And others) in Edge. The new Early Access games run terrible in Chrome and I cannot believe Pogo never tested this.

Message 59 of 75 (484 Views)

★ Guide

I suffered from the dreadful slow response you describe.  When I investigated my browser options (in Chrome) and looked at the advanced options I found I had hardware acceleration disabled.  Once I enabled hardware acceleration then the game was playable.  Not fast like the old version, but I can now play it.

So check your browser settings, turn on hardware acceleration, restart the browser and try a fresh load of the game. 

Good luck, hope this helps some of you!

I miss the days when Pogo actually tested these games BEFORE release....

Message 60 of 75 (460 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help