Canasta HD - Rating goes down after winning games

by abc1915a3037512

Original Post

Re: Canasta HD - Rating goes down after winning games

★★ Apprentice

It's now November, 6 months of this rating problem. It gets worse, not better. In addition to losing rating points every time I eat, sleep, or play another Pogo game, I now lose points after almost every game, whether I win or lose the game.  I started early today at 1159, won 4 games in a row... rating went to 1135, then1118, 1103, 1082. This is unacceptable. You don't care at all about card players, you only care about gems, gems, gems and gamers. We are treated like dirt and charged like high rollers. It's shameful. Most Canasta players are middle-aged plus and Canasta nets you no money because few if any challenges to buy and most people just like to play. We're in the middle of a pandemic and most of us who are disheartened will leave Pogo as soon as conditions improve. Please find a solution or at least tell the truth that you have no intention of doing so.

Message 51 of 94 (545 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Arrenai Im not receiving credit for won games with a frozen pile. I am playing with robots, does that make a difference?
Message 52 of 94 (531 Views)

Re: Canasta HD - Rating goes down after winning games...... new theory!

★★★★★ Novice

I have not seen such a major problem with any of the games that  persisted so long and no solution in sight. My theory is that maybe POGO does not see it as a problem. They purposely created this "bug" in order that there could never be a need for players to GET competitive. How could one ever feel the competitive edge if you never know what your rating will be when you begin to play, or when you come back the next day? No stress now when I lose, who cares. Either POGO takes my points or my last opponent does when he clearly has a fabulous cheat game that you don't stand a chance against. Sadly the fun game was taken away from us and it looks like we will have to live with this ridiculous new system.

Message 53 of 94 (521 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree completely, but it doesn't make it less annoying, especially since it only happens to SOME people, not ALL players. Lost 170 rating points in 2 days.

Message 54 of 94 (517 Views)

★ Novice

This happens to me daily.  I thought I was the only one.  It is soooo frustrating because I love this game.

Message 55 of 94 (489 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am trying to get my badge on Canasta.. Collect 16 frozen piles, you have to win the game to get them.. I have won the games and picked up frozen piles but it is not giving me any credit

Message 56 of 94 (479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

tired of this issue - i pay good money to play canasta - main reason i stay with pogo - but losing points every time i win - absolutely unacceptable..Its a problem they really need to fix - or are all the programmers useless ?

Message 57 of 94 (465 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agree on all that you said. Been going on for months. They issue new games all the time, yet haven't made any effort to fix the many rating/ranking issues. I propose that they no longer rate. Just count wins and losses. If you leave a game, it counts as a loss. Simple. Forget the red 3 counts as they're out of control anyway.

Message 58 of 94 (455 Views)

Re: Canasta

★★ Apprentice

So almost two more months have passed and the point problem is not resolved. Somewhat improved overnight (happens less often) but I am losing points now when I win as well as when I lose. I just beat two opponents with higher ratings than I by 1000 points each and lost 28 rating points and 39 rating points in those wins.  You have done nothing and you're just stringing us along, hoping we'll disappear. In my case anyway, I'm done when the virus is better. EA is nothing but a money-grubbing organization. Disgusting and unfair.

Message 59 of 94 (406 Views)

Re: Canasta

★ Expert
@luvzwordsy1 , I am not an EA employee and I agree that more should be done to help correct problems with the games at Pogo.
Message 60 of 94 (385 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help