Canasta HD - Rating goes down after winning games

by abc1915a3037512

Original Post

Re: NEED TECH HELP in canasta HD re: loss of rating points without playing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Now it is oct 19th and I am pleading with you tech people to fix the issue of loss of rating points , not related to losing a game but finishing a game, leaving the site then returning and every single time I lose 20-40 points. You must address this , why why why does this keep going on???

[CM Edit: Removed ALL CAPS to adhere to the Answers HQ rules.]

Message 41 of 94 (502 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @abc1954_.

The Pogo team is still investigating the ratings issues. Fixes like this can take some time, so we really appreciate your patience while they look into what is causing the issue.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 42 of 94 (493 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The worst yet. I lost 98 points overnight, and 21, then 30 each time I left during the day today. My subscription is up November 17. I hope to have some fix by November 15.

Message 43 of 94 (482 Views)

why am i constantly dropping points when signing in and out on canasta

★★★ Newbie

Since joining pogo l nearly always play canasta l lose points even when winning ,come from one table click to another again lose points , i complained to pogo they say they find nothing wrong .

This happens every day it is so frustrating. any one any answers

Message 44 of 94 (464 Views)

Why do you lose points when you leave a finished game?

★★★ Newbie

Once the game is over, and win or lose, you go to leave instead of playing another you lose points to the opponent. When the option came up to play again or leave, I chose leave. When I went into another game later my points had decreased? Why? This is quite unfair seeing when you play a ranked gameend up giving them huge points for not playing another game or if you leave because they are stalling another game. WTF!

Message 45 of 94 (435 Views)

Re: Why do you lose points when you leave a finished game?

Hey there, @UrbanDaisy1177.

Which Pogo game are you having trouble with? I'll be happy to take a look.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 46 of 94 (424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is for Canasta HD.

Message 47 of 94 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey there, @UrbanDaisy1177.

I went ahead and merged your thread with an existing thread about Canasta HD rating issues. The Pogo team is currently investigating the issue and we'll update here when we have more information.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 48 of 94 (418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, I appreciate it

Message 49 of 94 (414 Views)

Problems in Canasta

★★★ Newbie

There are several problems with Canasta.  One is that there seems to be no accuracy in the ratings.  On several occasions, when I have completed and won a game, and it shows the rating, the next time I get ready to play a game, my rating will be lower than it was, even though I hadn't played a game in the interim.  Today, is an example.  I won a game, and my rating was over 1000.  When I left and later came back to play, it was 975.  Also, all scoring in Canasta ends in either 5 or 0, yet the ratings will often end in numbers that are neither.  I don't understand how that can happen since your rating is supposed to go up or down depending on your game score.  In addition, you have changed the rules in Canasta without giving any reasons.  An example of this is that when someone has melded a canasta, s/he should not be able to pick up cards that can play on that canasta from the discard pile unless s/he holds a pair of the cards in his/her hand.  However, that is not the case.  I don't understand how you can legally change the rules.  I also don't understand why a player cannot change the options in ranked games.  I liked the old Canasta and Pogo much better.  At least in that you could see players' minis and profiles, and you had an option as to whether or not you wanted to allow a player in the game.  There was an opportunity to get to know players, etc.  Everything in this new Canasta is very detached and impersonal.  If you didn't want to play someone in the old Canasta, you could mute or block them.  Another thing I really dislike is the control of the lighting in a game.  It will be nice and bright but then it becomes very dark, making it hard to chat.  There are other things I could note, but I'm going to stop here for now.  lghsalot925

Message 50 of 94 (413 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help