Blank tiles disappear from rack. Can't be used. Why?

by scrabbleproblem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Blank tiles disappear from rack. Can't be used. Why?

★★ Novice

June 1st, 2021, 6:44 am

I've been finding that too many times the blank tiles disappear from the tile rack (only the very bottom or top of tile shows above or below the rack with an empty space on the rack where the blank tile should be.). The blanks cannot be moved when they appear in this way. Even if I place all the other tiles on the board to make a word, the blank still is not visible and cannot be moved to the word I am making. This is very frustrating, especially when I need the tile for a bingo. Sometimes, if I restart Pogo Scrabble, I'll get a notice that I can rejoin the game in progress or forfeit. When I click to rejoin, the tile may appear and then be able to be moved. It's not certain this will happen, and I should not have to go through this procedure in any case. The blank tiles should appear on the rack and be usable from the get go. I doubt the problem is with my computer. How can I get POGO to look into this and correct this? When I start playing a few games there is no problem. But after a few games this problem often arises. Why? (I've written about this problem before, but it still exists.) Help! P.S. I know I posted this earlier, but POGO doesn't tell me where I should post it again for POGO to review this matter and help me. If it's against the rules to re-post this problem again, so be it. But at least tell me how and where I should post it to get help from POGO.

Several times I've asked for help with this problem. I'm told to go to Community, then select "Contact Us" or "Troubleshooting". I cannot find either of these on either the Forum or Blog. Finally, somebody supplied this link. Can you help me? Thanks
Message 1 of 6 (509 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Blank tiles disappear from rack. Can't be used. Why?

Community Manager

Hey @scrabbleproblem 

Can you try going through our HTML5 guide and check if you continue running into issues with Pogo Scrabble?

If so can you share the following information...

• Which web browsers are you using?
  • Which device are you using?
  • If on a PC, what type of Graphics card you have?
  • If possible a screenshot or clip of the issue?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (481 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @scrabbleproblem 

Can you try going through our HTML5 guide and check if you continue running into issues with Pogo Scrabble?

If so can you share the following information...

• Which web browsers are you using?
  • Which device are you using?
  • If on a PC, what type of Graphics card you have?
  • If possible a screenshot or clip of the issue?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (482 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. When playing blanks the letters often disappear and can not be recalled. Reloading the browser page and rejoining usually fixes the issue. Seems like a bug for engineering to fix. thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (375 Views)

★ Novice

More trouble today this time using Safari Browser instead of Chrome.  This is a bad bug!!!! Please fix!! Reloading the browser page and rejoining the page works so the problem is that the browser isn't updating properly. (The game state ob the server is correct).

Message 4 of 6 (346 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SonnyboyinSF No matter what browser I use the problem continues. If it isn't fixed soon I'm going to cancel. I don't like many of the games that are on this site and scrabble is one of the few left that I do.
Message 5 of 6 (294 Views)

★ Novice

This was still a problem this week. Please fix this bug!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6 (280 Views)

Pogo Insider

Stay up-to-date with our Pogo Community blog posts.

View more on pogo.com

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help