Zombies: Back to Basics

by puntwothree

Original Post

Zombies: Back to Basics

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Since the release of the new set, I’ve been seeing a lot of “zombies are bad now,” “this is the age of the plants,” and “oh, except for Mustache Monument.”

I’m here to demonstrate that Monument is overrated, but zombies are not.

There are a lot of great decklists on this forum and others, but some of them may be hard for a stingy or new user to build. So today I’m using old cards, the majority of which are commons and uncommons.

Here are the objectives of this deck:

-Make Paparazzi Zombie pop. This guy is literally LOADED with potential at common, but most decks I’ve tried to slip him in into spent way too much energy trying to keep him alive, and don’t succeed at that. This deck has had success in 90% of my trial runs so far.

-Find a place for Zombie Middle Manager. Here’s a card that I love, and now I’ve placed him in a context where he is surprisingly good. There aren’t a lot of creatures.... but most of them are professionals! He is a sneaky alternate win con to Paparazzi Zombie, unless your opponent decides to spend removal on him. Then he’s just value.

-Demonstrate that Monument has a time and a place. How would you even use it in this deck? OK.. it’s good with Trickster, but most of the (few) zombies in this deck receive their buffs after placement. We’ll talk more about Trickster later.

-Demonstrate the power of environments. Wait a second. Where are the environments? That’s right: you don’t need environments to win.

Q’s you may have: 1) What about teleport? I see you have a teleport. Why aren’t you playing it?

1) Sure, it’s good. I propably should. But the point is that I don’t need legends to win... so I won’t.

2) What if I don’t have Going Viral?

2) Craft it. I don’t demand a lot in terms of rarity for this deck, but Going Viral is worth its crafting cost, even if you’re not going to play this particular deck. Sorry...

3) What if I don’t have Trickster?

3) Ah. Well, Trickster has amazing synergy with tricks (who would have thought?), so I couldn’t not include it, even for demonstration purposes. The good news is, I think you can do without it. You’re going to want something with some end-game presence. 2x Triplify is never a bad option.

4) Is this deck complete? Is it updated? Are you happy with it? How? It doesn’t even have cards from the new set!

4) Yes. Yes.Yes. My best deck atm, the one I use when I want to level up quickly, say, at the start of a season, is 12,000 dust away from actaulization. This deck has a similar power level, is not quite as good, is more susceptible to the right removal at the right time, and/but is less predictable (for my opponent)... and is “finished.”

5) What would you do differently if you had all the cards in the game?

5) Great question! Well, I love Flag Zombie (who is a professional!). It makes sense that I would also love Zombology Teacher (who is also a professional!). If you want to spice this deck up, and you have them, I would: -4x Healthy Treat, +4x Camel Crossing; -4x Beam Me Up, +4x Zombology Teacher; -3x Terify, -1x Flag Zombie, +4x Thinking Cap. I’d love to own that Zombology/Thinking Cap deck.

Here’s the list:
Message 1 of 2 (932 Views)

Re: Zombies: Back to Basics

★ Apprentice
Thank you for this suggestion, i will try them out ^o^
Message 2 of 2 (688 Views)