Request: Deck Rose, help, advices, etc.

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Request: Deck Rose, help, advices, etc.

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Hi ! since the last update, I've had quite a lot of problems, like most with plants, especially with the healing decks, which have been nerfed. I've been suffering with Rose, looking for a deck to help me, all because of Quicksdraw Con Man, I'm getting gray hair with this zombie. I don't know if to take out cosmic bean and cosmic flower, because they throw cards in the first turns, and this zombie only cost 1, it also slows me down the deck of magics bean, so I was checking out another deck that was not beans, but I made a mess.

I have used the freezer deck and it has brought me problems with Fossil Head, LOL, and I really miss Captain Cucumber, but he's megagrow.

I put my decks here, to see if you can help me Oops

Edit: I forgot to say that Rose is my 10x this week. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,956 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Request: Deck Rose, help, advices, etc.

★★★★★ Guide

@BlazinsZ I'm terribly sorry my friend. I have been pretty busy and I didn't saw your post until now.

When I want to create a new deck, I always try to think about a core idea and spread from there.

Let's say, for example, that you want to create a Freeze deck. (Because I honestly think that your deck can be much better :P )

1.jpg

First, as you would normally do, you select all the Freeze cards you have avaliable. (Don't worry, we will reduce them at the end)

2.jpg

Then, I strongly suggest you select your environments second. This is because you can draft the rest of your deck finding synergies with both the cards you already have, and the environments you have. I also suggest that you ALWAYS include environments in your decks, even if it is only to overwrite the enemy's environments. (And never have more than 6).

Freeze decks don't have direct damage to the enemy face, so Planet of the Grapes is out. Since you don't have Bog of Enlightenment, I guess that option is out too.

So the only option left is the Flytraplanet and Solar Winds.

3.jpg

Since we now have the Flytraplanet, we can add some cards that have direct synergy with that. Pepper M.D. and Heartichoke are the first cards that come to my mind. Now that we have 2 cards that have direct synergy with healing, we can continue with that path. So, I add every single card that heals that I have avaliable. (No Astro Vera for me, sadly).

We have 50 cards now, so it's time to clean up the deck a little bit.

4.jpg

Since the main thematic of the deck is Freeze and hot Heal, I take out some of the healing cards.

You can leave the decks as it is right now and have some interesting results, buuuuuuuut you can also continue editing from here to add some cards that you want.

5.jpg

In my case, I decided to take out a Winter Squash to add a Cornucopia.

In the end, you have now a pretty decent control deck.

You have freeze and heals, the potential to have pretty big plants and even the death loop of heal.

You can follow this strategy for any type of deck that you want.

Here is one of my decks from Rose. I marked the strategy that I followed in creating it.

(You can improve it with your StarFruit or Three-Headed Chomper for example)

6.jpg

View in thread

Message 10 of 18 (3,100 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Message 2 of 18 (1,952 Views)

★ Pro

These are the cards that I have, I only have 2140 of sparks, so I'm sorry I can't craft another ones... 

Message 3 of 18 (1,948 Views)

★ Pro

@patdk75 @Azombioso I need a professional opinion xD! 

Message 4 of 18 (1,944 Views)

★ Guide

I think the main issue with these decks is lack of consistency. Some of your decks have 17-20 different cards in them. With 20 different cards, at an average of 2 each, you won't reliably draw into your combos. I would recommend being a little more strict with which cards to cut. For example, for the first deck, get rid of the 1/1 corn, and get rid of the 2/2 environment guy. Replace them with 2x venus flytraplanet. Also, get rid of the bean synergy. Lima pleuradon and sow magic beans are fine because they help card draw, but admiral navy bean and cosmic bean aren't necessary, and you won't be hitting with little plants early, so planet of the grapes isn't necessary. Replace them with 2x heartichoke, 2x doctor pepper, 3x solar winds, and 3x of the 2/1 gravestone peeker card, I think that's the best control option for a one drop. Finally, I would get rid of the tricorns, and all of you bounce cards, and replace with 2x mallet, 3x lawnmower, and 2x squash. 

Personally I would also remove the other 1 ofs in the deck to get even more removal, but that's your choice to make. Basically, my main point is to try to limit yourself to 13 or less different cards per deck if possible, upwards to 15 could still be okay. I would say this stays true for all of the decks you have made. Not that you should listen necessarily to my specific edits, but consistency and reliability of a deck is key.

Message 5 of 18 (1,925 Views)

★★ Guide

how about using the sun environment to gain extra sun and get that 3 headed chomper out early? as in try to get rose a bit more aggressive. Strikethrough  works well with my Wall knight. 

Message 6 of 18 (1,920 Views)

★★ Pro
I hate Rose. So much. But, if it were me... Bean or strike through is what I would say.
Strike through with all of your solar winds, bean deck all four planet ofthegrapes.
My thoughts on enviroment, if you use, use. If not, then don't waste the space.
Since you have two limapleuradon, nice card. Every time you play a smarty hero those two should be in that deck.
Cheap and amphibious, and an automatic answer to toxic waste imp, and kicks my favourite ducky tube iut of the top spot for turn one. Well string bean actually would beat ducky tube but only
If you gou bean, commit and go hard. Use plenty of whack a zombie, and bounce or whatever.
Pending on how much you play beans or rose... for 2000 sparks you can get 2 jelly beans, which are a kickass bounce and bean card. But if it is only used because of the 10x then don't listen to me, plenty other cards instead I'm sure.
Message 7 of 18 (1,907 Views)

★ Pro

Thanks for your replies.

I have created two decks based on the tips, trying to use less different types of cards and focusing on something more accurate.

I'm going to test them a lot to see if they help me. 

Look: 

Message 8 of 18 (1,898 Views)

★ Pro

The new deck of healing It's kind of expensive... i put another Pepper and i took out Power Flower... 

Message 9 of 18 (1,882 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BlazinsZ I'm terribly sorry my friend. I have been pretty busy and I didn't saw your post until now.

When I want to create a new deck, I always try to think about a core idea and spread from there.

Let's say, for example, that you want to create a Freeze deck. (Because I honestly think that your deck can be much better :P )

1.jpg

First, as you would normally do, you select all the Freeze cards you have avaliable. (Don't worry, we will reduce them at the end)

2.jpg

Then, I strongly suggest you select your environments second. This is because you can draft the rest of your deck finding synergies with both the cards you already have, and the environments you have. I also suggest that you ALWAYS include environments in your decks, even if it is only to overwrite the enemy's environments. (And never have more than 6).

Freeze decks don't have direct damage to the enemy face, so Planet of the Grapes is out. Since you don't have Bog of Enlightenment, I guess that option is out too.

So the only option left is the Flytraplanet and Solar Winds.

3.jpg

Since we now have the Flytraplanet, we can add some cards that have direct synergy with that. Pepper M.D. and Heartichoke are the first cards that come to my mind. Now that we have 2 cards that have direct synergy with healing, we can continue with that path. So, I add every single card that heals that I have avaliable. (No Astro Vera for me, sadly).

We have 50 cards now, so it's time to clean up the deck a little bit.

4.jpg

Since the main thematic of the deck is Freeze and hot Heal, I take out some of the healing cards.

You can leave the decks as it is right now and have some interesting results, buuuuuuuut you can also continue editing from here to add some cards that you want.

5.jpg

In my case, I decided to take out a Winter Squash to add a Cornucopia.

In the end, you have now a pretty decent control deck.

You have freeze and heals, the potential to have pretty big plants and even the death loop of heal.

You can follow this strategy for any type of deck that you want.

Here is one of my decks from Rose. I marked the strategy that I followed in creating it.

(You can improve it with your StarFruit or Three-Headed Chomper for example)

6.jpg

Message 10 of 18 (3,101 Views)