Re: DOTW: November 7-13/17

by patdk75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DOTW: November 7-13/17

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Hello again to all three of you! just jokes
Anyways, my 10x heroes this week are Chompzilla and Smash. I actually like both of them and I have not had a pet deck in awhile, unfortunately I have only one turkey rider, and I think that we're getting him in next couple weeks as our weekly card...so I don't have any intention of crafting for 1000 what I can work towards during the weekly event. And I have three Stompadons but I didn't want to put them in... I see them damn near every game I play as plants, so I can appreciate not having to see them for the odd game.

As for the plant deck, I really like playing this deck, and it is not the best be any means, but it works nicely, and the evolution cards make a big difference
Message 1 of 10 (1,466 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro
One of the best moves of that deck, and I am glad to see you can do it with your environments. Solar winds is a kickass card and it helps for not just the extra sun, its a cheap environment to cancel any zombie enviros.
So the play I was talking about. Solar winds, and when you get a sunflower, if they place a zombie or gravestone there, you know that the sunflower is dead. Well that is the best time to evolve the sunflower with elderberry. Use the sunflower as bait and then a 5/4 strike through either lives and now is protecting another sunflower, or was also destroyed and then you should still have another sunflower on the way.

Another good use of solar winds, is possibly you have more sun than needed, this is the cool part...create your two sunflower and then change to red plantit and you have a pair of 5/6 sunflowers. Some of the time if you get that to work can spell game

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (1,836 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Thanks for the Chomp deck, i am missing some cards, so I tried to complete it, I hope it's still good.

Message 2 of 10 (1,448 Views)

★★ Pro
One of the best moves of that deck, and I am glad to see you can do it with your environments. Solar winds is a kickass card and it helps for not just the extra sun, its a cheap environment to cancel any zombie enviros.
So the play I was talking about. Solar winds, and when you get a sunflower, if they place a zombie or gravestone there, you know that the sunflower is dead. Well that is the best time to evolve the sunflower with elderberry. Use the sunflower as bait and then a 5/4 strike through either lives and now is protecting another sunflower, or was also destroyed and then you should still have another sunflower on the way.

Another good use of solar winds, is possibly you have more sun than needed, this is the cool part...create your two sunflower and then change to red plantit and you have a pair of 5/6 sunflowers. Some of the time if you get that to work can spell game
Message 3 of 10 (1,837 Views)

★★ Guide

Those damn packs won't give me solar winds... keep giving me *.. I've one solar wind. I know I'll end up having to craft the next 3.. just got to build my sparks up. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,425 Views)

★★ Pro
I have opened a ridiculous amount of packs, so eventually they will drop, but solar winds and red plantit were the longest to get a set. In fact, I completed all environment sets after the 7 packs for ultimate league reward, and then I got around ten to a dozen single packs of galactic(been mostly getting them lately because of venus flytraplanet is recycling at 50 instead of 15, so if I was going to get doubles I may as well try for an extra rare if I scored. Actually I have probably got a good 20+ and that adds up...
Anyways to wrap the story up, I got the red plantit environment in one of those packs
Message 5 of 10 (1,422 Views)

★ Pro

My hero in this week is Chompzilla , I'm using this deck, I've had a good time, I was surprised by the success I've had with the sunflowers, because I never really liked them, I always saw them are very weak, but now I think it was necessary to give them a chance. 

And yeah the Solar wind environment + Elderberry is great, but also, you will notice that i had put some Captain Cucumber and one Onion Rings... 

I crafted Onion Rings a long time, I had not succeeded with it, because its cost 5 and i think is too expensive, you need to spent all your turn 5, in that moment the battle is on, and also we need some little stats plants in the hand, but finally in this decks works for me ! sunflowers help me to get Onion early, and the Elderbberry goes 4/4, when i played on Sunflowers, its become 7/4 with Strikethrough, It's too cool, and we don't need a lot of Onion, the truth has worked very well with only one, obviously  in the games when you draw it. it's a bit unbalanced to add a lot. 

I really had put it just to try, but yes works too good with the Sunflower, Primal Sunflower, Kernel Pult, The Twins Sunflowers, BEP, Elder...

the only ones are Three Headed Chomper , Cornucopia, AstroVera  and Bamboo, but its ok its a little , 4/4 its still good for these. 

PD: Have you noticed that the sunflower seed is stronger than the plant? LOL that's crazy hahaha

Message 6 of 10 (1,381 Views)

★★ Pro
That's awesome that you liked and tweaked it too! I like the idea of onion rings in there, honestly it never crossed my mind and usually doesn't for some reason....maybe you hit the nail on the head for me too, the cost is too late in game to usually get an advantage in my hand, but in this style of deck it would be a great addition.
Nice one bud. I'm going to check that out because I really think that onion rings are decent enough to get some play, I just haven't found the right place yet, but maybe you did
Message 7 of 10 (1,371 Views)

★ Pro

yes playing with Onion Rings is something complicated, but in this deck is not the main, it is like an  extra, but at certain times it comes to you like a glove

Message 8 of 10 (1,358 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ive been having fun with your nom nom nom deck. i was missing a few cards but i was able to sub them with what i think are decent replacements.

looking forward to more decks,

thanks.

Message 9 of 10 (1,273 Views)

★★ Pro
I'm glad that some of the decks catch the eye of some players and that you guys have been enjoying the experience.
I think that is awesome
Message 10 of 10 (1,253 Views)