DOTW: Feb 6-12

by patdk75

Original Post

DOTW: Feb 6-12

★★ Pro
This week I got Green Shadow and Immorticia. I was in process of a different plant deck, but it seems like every deck for GS that I build lately, aside from peas, is flooded with legendary and I don't like building a deck just to show of all my legendary plants. Or zombies for that matter.
I do like the new peas, especially the fusion which has been useful for keeping the podfather alive for a while longer.
Now the zombie deck...yeah I know....vimpire deck again....but that's not what is important. Obviously they are a big part of the deck, but not what I want to talk about.
Hunting Grounds, the new environment can be crazy if you have the cards. Picture this, turn 2 you play hunting grounds for round 3, place energy drink zombie on the environment. Automatic buff 1/1, so now a 2/2 EDZ. Plants on their turn play something in another lane, and since EDZ now has hunt(key point: only while in the environment do they have hunt...once they leave it is no longer) he moves to that lane, leaving the grounds and gets another 1/1. And then trick phase, EDZ buffs himself, and is now 4/4 frenzy on turn 3. Even better if you are using Smash or Brainfreeze and have the supertrick to buff 2/2.
So the key on this, if you still are playing and they haven't quit on you yet, if you drop another hunting grounds, EDZ has a good chance of getting to one each turn, and that'll get wombo
Now playing the Vimpire in the same way, usually, I don't like playing it on turn 3 because I have no protection in case, but really...hes 2/3, now 3/4 with frenzy, and hunt so anything played in a different lane hes now 4/5 Vimpire on turn 3. Loses the hunt, but again this is why you don't save if you have a couple, overwhelming them is more productive than keeping in case they cover your environment.
Obviously not all the time, you're going to have to judge the possible outcome on your own.

So yeah, I have been having some fun with hunting grounds and figured that I should share with you(whomever reads these) and maybe give a couple lightbulbs away, so to speak
Message 1 of 1 (797 Views)