Re: A suggestion for Black Eyed Pea

by Dave058182

Original Post

A suggestion for Black Eyed Pea

★★★ Newbie
BEP is a good card but as a card designed to punish Zombie tricks it is far too vulnerable to Rolling Stone and Weed spray. For a 1 brain trick to wipe out your anti trick plant seems wrong.

My simple suggestion is to have the +1/+1 apply before the trick takes effect thus forcing zombies to find a different way to deal with BEP than spamming the cheapest trick card they have.

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 7 (1,587 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Capon-Breath While I agree it's low health makes it vulnerable, I feel it's still a balanced card.  I would love your idea to be implemented, but I think way more people would scream it's OP then.

BPRD

Message 2 of 7 (1,570 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm primarily a Zombie player, so this may be a little biased, but if it didn't have these cheap counters the plant would be broken.  Without a couple cheap counters, this single cheap plant could absolutely shut down entire types decks on its own.

Message 3 of 7 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

the first few weeks it actually DID get 1/1 before the effect, and everyone screamed about it being too OP.

Message 4 of 7 (1,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I think all cards (Zombies or Plants) should maintain weak points... So it is always, every time you place a card, you cross your fingers hoping that the opponent has no way to stop it. But it is what makes the game balanced...  BEP Is quite powerful, without that weakness will be a big problem, and lately the decks of the plants are being very strong, I rather think zombies need help (my opinion, I'm terrible playing with my zombies heroes).

Message 5 of 7 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How would rolling stone/weed spray work on it then? Your hand would let you play the card, but then its attack would be too high to actually be destroyed.

Message 6 of 7 (1,200 Views)

★ Guide

I play on both sides and IMO the card is balanced and has as you already mentioned two real counters. Before the trick is triggered would mean that the card is uncounterable by any zombie spell.

Message 7 of 7 (915 Views)