by spuddEtUrkEy

Original Post

The storm is garbage

★★★★ Newbie

Why does the storm suck *

Message 1 of 17 (1,799 Views)

Re: The storm is garbage

★★★★ Novice

What about it do you feel like it sucks? 

Most people feel that it's one of the most powerful javelins.  It's all about the builds though. Just need to find a synergistic build you like.

Message 2 of 17 (1,769 Views)

★★ Apprentice

binary star

stasis chain

ralner's blaze

having great fun dropping 1mil+ ultimates

meleeing for 25k+

and lots of aoe fire and lightning

took a good 12 hours to find what I liked tho

Message 3 of 17 (1,755 Views)

★★ Guide

The Storm isnt garbage, your a garbage storm pilot.  Stick to what you are good at.  Not every javelin is for everyone.

Message 4 of 17 (1,739 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@W2RD-1982 wrote:

The Storm isnt garbage, your a garbage storm pilot.  Stick to what you are good at.  Not every javelin is for everyone.

Also, the Storm is really getting into its own once you get into purples and MW and higher. Before than I was liking my colossus better. I got a Papa Pump, a Wyver's Bite I think the MW sniper rifle, abd things are going better lol

Message 5 of 17 (1,736 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@KariiFrost wrote:

binary star

stasis chain

ralner's blaze

having great fun dropping 1mil+ ultimates

meleeing for 25k+

and lots of aoe fire and lightning

took a good 12 hours to find what I liked tho

I'm really having trouble with Binary Star personally. I've got my second Binary Star legendary yesterday but I simply can't get rid of my Winter's Wrath (MW) because of the control it provides. I found Binary Star meh, even in terms of DPS and his way-too-long cooldown.

Message 6 of 17 (1,661 Views)

★★ Guide

I tend to prefer control over damage as well.  Though I will usually take a high control, high damage I recently discovered that the Acid status Venomous Blaze applies is actually a primer, and can therefore be detonated.  That has opened up quite a few more build possibilities for me.

Message 7 of 17 (1,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

While it could be because I cannot get damn Legendaries I know how OP feels. Running with a friend that plays colossus I feel like it is much more work to get damage out of Storm when my friend kills stuff in a few hits. It is said we have access to more elemental but other javelins could also freeze, burn, etc...

I think at the very least they could boost our shields. Storm is the only Javelin that I am aware of that does not have any form of health regen ability and the other Javelins did get buffs

Don’t get me wrong I could do damage but would be nice for buffs

Message 8 of 17 (1,640 Views)

★★ Novice

I love the storm masterwork build

Message 9 of 17 (1,561 Views)

★★ Guide

@Ishguardian wrote:

While it could be because I cannot get damn Legendaries I know how OP feels. Running with a friend that plays colossus I feel like it is much more work to get damage out of Storm when my friend kills stuff in a few hits. It is said we have access to more elemental but other javelins could also freeze, burn, etc...

I think at the very least they could boost our shields. Storm is the only Javelin that I am aware of that does not have any form of health regen ability and the other Javelins did get buffs

Don’t get me wrong I could do damage but would be nice for buffs

I honestly cannot understand what you and other people are talking about.  My Storm is consistently among the last in a group to be downed.  Get equipment that adds bonus to your max shields (crafting is useful for this if there is a piece of equipment you like but it has terrible inscriptions).  Use storm components exclusively, with perhaps Emergency Power as an exception  Stay in the air  keep moving, always try to use cover, (even in the air, sometimes being super high up is not the best option, sometimes you want to be hovering low to the ground to make use of cover), dodge often.  Target things that are threats to you (snipers) and take them out before you focus on anything else, or point out to your team that they are causing you trouble if you cant effectively deal with them.

My storm consistently out DPS's other types of javelins.  Learn how the elements work.  It's not just a matter of what power has the highest damage stat.  Lighting is more effective against shields than ice or fire.  Fire is effective against armored foes (yellow health bars) and makes them more susceptible to damage.  Take weapons that compliment your abilities.  If you have fire or ice powers, take a machine pistol or some other weapon with a high rate of fire to take down shields (high rate of fire weapons are good against shields, but not against armor, and high single target damage is good against armor but not shields). If you have ice powers, take a devastator and pop a group of enemies you just froze.

Prime and Detonate, a lot, as often as possible; not only do you do more damage, you build up you Ultimate meter faster, and others as well.  Some weapons can prime, some weapons can detonate.  Take weapons that compliment your gear in this respect.  Some powers that dont prime might have masterwork versions that can (venomous blaze does a lot of damage, and primes with acid), some powers that dont normally detonate might have secondary effects (from masterwork) that cause detonation.

Dont continue to attack something you are not geared to handle.  If you have ice powers and no weapon with a high rate of fire, dont attack the Ice Hounds or the bad guys with force shields, or the frost Valkyries or frost brutes, go after an enemy you are equipped to handle.  Thats why there are three other people.  If there are not three other people, because you are playing solo, your playing the wrong game.

The Storm has the highest DPS potential.  But you cant reach that potential if you dont put in the work.  And putting in the work doesn't mean grinding mindlessly for gear and complaining that you dont have enough legendary.  Putting in the work means learning the nuances of your Javelin, of the combat system, or the weapons you can use, of different builds. I was playing regularly in GM2 without any legendary stuff, and I was holding my own.  So dont try to sell me the line that a players weak storm is the fault of the game.  It isn't.  

Message 10 of 17 (1,549 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help