Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The storm is garbage

by juzu25

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

okay on gm1 your on of the best or anything below but at gm 2/3 with non full legendairy you will be a tow hit from a elite if you dont have enouth max shield % and still its very diffcult to uptain such lendarys and with the right stat but the colosus can run gm 2/3 with masterwork gear and have not much trouble and he makes the same amount of dmg of course...soo who is over powwert now. the storm got many nerfs befor the game ever got full releasd that the * right now.

Message 11 of 17 (415 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Out of all my 700+ javelins..

i would have to say a 700+ storm and ranger are the strongest javelins out there that can handle a GM3

colossi is debatable because it can still go down if youre not careful with amnt of aggroe you built up

interceptor becomes less melee reliant and more melee rotational between using guns and going in for the melee ultis

that being said a good storm build is to stay hovering high in the air and raining down spells inbetween dashes so you dont get hit.

theres a lot of different builds out there to use for storm which is what i find to be the most attractive part about storm..

atm i built a Thousand Sun tanking build for my storm.

Really fun stuff.. i can take hits while raining down fire from the skies.

i can make an Ice variation of this build too... not as much dmg but a lot more crowd control.

My advice is to farm gm1/2 till you get those key components and seals to build the Storm to your suitable play style if you havent broken the 700 Gear Score mark that is...

Even though Gm3 advises you to enter at a 676 minimal GS... i find that i let my team down by dieing a lot or just not doing enough dmg with that minimal requirement.

704 is a good minimum IMO to enter into a gm3...

unless you got friends who can carry you in there GM3 is going to be a nightmare for you

Message 12 of 17 (376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lol nice gotta try that, I also drop some mean ultimates, I thought that was a bug, before patch max hit I saw was 88k round about.

Message 13 of 17 (345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was doing some testing today on Freeplay enemies, to test health pool on gm1 my seal of the open mind does 20553 damage per hit  so it pretty much one most enemies, but gm2 they had 12 to 13 times more health and in gm3 forget about it I'm possible to tell, they to much damage to me but probably 30x the health so it depends what gm you play. My legendary bunary star one shots small enemies. 10 second cool down it's not that bad I have 2 charges.

Message 14 of 17 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@juzu25 wrote:

okay on gm1 your on of the best or anything below but at gm 2/3 with non full legendairy you will be a tow hit from a elite if you dont have enouth max shield % and still its very diffcult to uptain such lendarys and with the right stat but the colosus can run gm 2/3 with masterwork gear and have not much trouble and he makes the same amount of dmg of course...soo who is over powwert now. the storm got many nerfs befor the game ever got full releasd that the * right now.

I read that twice and I still don't know what the hell you're on about.

But I can tell you that the storm is no wimp.

With a decent setup, the Storm is a beast.  I float around in GM2 and nuke stuff and barely ever die (usually if do, it's my fault).

Play GM1 until  you can comfortably farm it, you should be able to take out legendary mobs by yourself.  If you can't, you're not ready for GM2.

Message 15 of 17 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What is binary star a masterwork of?, and A Thousand Suns?

I’ve never seen them — or the huge numbers you all are talking about. 

‘I use purple sigils for combo damage, blue lightning sigils. 

I do fine solo in GM 2 freeplay, but it takes forever to bring down the tanky guys with the hand held shields.

And I seem to do minimal damage in Tyrant Mine Stronghold. Like, not even my ulti.

I do fine there with my Interceptor.

i understand the concept of working with the secondary characteristics of your gears synergistically, priming and detonating, etc.

my bulld uses Chaotic Rime L and ponder infinity MW.

The CR secondary makes PI do 125% extra damage, even without the combo effect.

this storm build is at 676 masterwork.

im using Avenging Herald MW, and Elemental Rage Legendary.

all Storm components, the best ones I have that will support the gear setup.

what am I missing?

my interceptor does SO much more damage. 

Message 16 of 17 (252 Views)

★★ Guide

Lol! The storm doesn't suck the player do.

I Solo Gm3 on my storm, it's one of the best classes for CC and you got a teleport to get you quickly out of most hairy situations.

I actually have a melee build for my storm, i prime with Seal of the open mind, Winters rath and Ralners blaze and simply detonate with melee. super fun, alot of dodging and you can keep all the big elites stunlocked since you switch between fire and ice thereby canceling each other out giving you infinte combos in between primers.

if you get swarmed you detonate ice and all those around you freeze up and you take no damage since they dont do damage. i run with emergency power and bloodlust with a sweet roll of +70% melee so my melee hits for 85k and when my other proccs go off i melee for around 100k damage plus i use consumables, melee, shield and combo. You really should start using consumables for every expedition you do, they help alot more than you think. 

Sure the ranger does loads of single target damage and is practically unkillable because of the shield/armor regen abilitys, and the colossus too. But every class just needs the player to understand the components and the proccs from gear to be able to make a good build.

And also, the storm is the only class that can go with 2 combochains buildings ultimate in no time, that chain is gold worth if you understand it, it goes like this, prime with ralners blaze, detonate with black ice thereby priming again ready for your next detonator where ponder infinity fits really well.

Gm3 is all about combos nothing else matters, once you understand this you also understand when to let your other classes get their combos and when to simply only prime and wait.

but yeah, every javelin can solo gm3 it's only the player that cant.

Message 17 of 17 (239 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help